What ya got...

sbuff

To quite on here,whats everyone shooting.I got a NEF Heritage {same as sidekick but camo stock} a TC renegade,and White Super 91-II that I just got for Doc White himself ...

Not sure if I am going to use the White or my NEF this season.But 2010 season is getting close.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shoot and TC Encore stainless with wood laminate thumbhole stock. topped with a Bushnell 3x9 with dial up ballistic drop compensating. They don't make that scope anymore but unlike the Nikons that have the circles it only uses one crosshair. The nikons only work at full power but as I dial up the range on mine any power will work. The gun truely shoots flat enough with 150 gr in it that almost all of my shots do not require any compensation. I have shot most inside of 150 yards. I did take an 8 pointer 2 years ago that walked into the open feild at 225 and after I ranged it...dialed up and squeezed...he folded in his tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

I have a traditions buckhunter 50 caliber flintlock.  I also own a t/c hawken  50 caliber sidelock. a t/c encore 50 cal blues with a nikon 3x9x40 and a NEF sidekick with a custom breech plug to use 209's without the orange carriers.  it has a t/c hawken 1.5x5x32 scope.  My fav by far is the fintlock. the flint and sidelock both have peepsites o them as the old eyes do not work well with the open sites anymore.

Oops I ammost forgot, I have a t/c new englander 10 gauge sidelock.  M buddy reamed it and threaded it for the remington choke system. I small game with it to include grouse pheasants and turkeys. 

I only got one White super 91-II, wish I had as many as you.

What do you shoot out of your super91 .504? I tried the FPB's and they worked pretty darn good..I ordered some no excues to try too.

Steve

For the most part, I shoot Bullshop's 460 to 495 gr conical sized to .504.

Start with your thumb and load with just the wght of the ramrod with a little pressure.

The NE's come sized at .503 - work fine in most .504, but are a little loose in some - fouling shot usually takes care of it. I have a box of them - pm me your address and I'll send you a few to try.

Dan at Bullshop live off the grid in Alaska and only casts a few months a year. Something like a 5 mile drive just to his mailbox!

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/index.html

T/C Triumph and I love it. I got bored with shot gun, to easy, with sabot slugs and 4 more bullets if you miss with the 1st one it was just way to easy. Now the Triumph is getting to easy to harvest deer with. Would like to go to a nice sidelock with open sights for the challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

inlines---White model 98 in .451 cal

TC Encore stainless

and knight stainless MK-85  all are scoped with Leupolds or Nikon

traditonal  Custom Sam Hakwen .58 cal

Pedersoli Rocky Mountain hawken in.54 cal

TC Renegade with .58 cal Green mountain barrel

probly the cheapest CVA out there

and i wouldnt sell them for $1000 each

2 CVA .50 Cal Wolf Magnum 209's black & the Nickel/Camo

i use triple 7 50/50's just 100 grain for me and a 195 grain powerbelt

I bought one of these about 3 years ago.  Shoots pretty darned good for such a cheap gun.  Probably as good as guns costing a whole lot more. The trigger is crisp and it seems to weigh 10 pounds less than my uncles T/C Encore.  Have only hunted 2 days with it so far and haven't had a deer in it's sights.  I think I will spend a little more time hunting with it this year.

T/C Encore in .50 (inline)  Never use the thing.  Bought it for the action.

Pedersoli PA Long Rifle in .50 (flint)

T/C Hawken in .50 (percussion)

T/C Renegade in .58 (percussion)

Brown Bess musket in .75 (flint)

• 2 weeks later...

T/C Encore in .50 (inline)  Never use the thing.  Bought it for the action.

Pedersoli PA Long Rifle in .50 (flint)

T/C Hawken in .50 (percussion)

T/C Renegade in .58 (percussion)

Brown Bess musket in .75 (flint)

.75 !!! what you shooting with that?!? That sounds like a big boy toy lol.... Seriously though what do you use it for? Sounds like a cool gun. 

CNY

Mainly, I use it for Revolutionary War demos at Bear Mountain State Park.  Part of the park was the scene of a Rev. War battle.

On the other hand, I would have no problem taking out for deer, bear, or boar as long as the range was fairly close.  Besses  are smooth bore, and with the Bess, anything over 40 yards is beyond what I would call an ethical shot.