sbuff

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Rem.700ML .50cal  This will be the first year that I use it exclusively. I've been shooting 100gr. of T7 pellets behind a 250gr.shockwave. It shoots well! I'm going to switch to loose powder and a heavier sabotted bullet. I recently converted it to use 209 primers and I'm very pleased with it. The #11 caps were giving me a very bad delay.

post-1602-131455337733_thumb.jpg

optima elite with the interchangeable 30 06 barrel (the poor mans t/c oncore) with 3x9 nikon prostaff

I sho tone of those for three years with the 50 barrel and 270.  I loved it and so did my nephew.  long story short, he has it now, and I have put a bergara barrel on my encore.  I think they make a great barrel. 

Traditions Pursuit LT 50cal....100gr tri7 and 245 powerbelts......it's a break open and I like it's lightness...easy clean and load...took a doe first time out with it...but she hasn't been out for a while ....now they opened rifle down at camp...and It gets too darn cold for muzzle season...besides I normally fill my tags any how....

• 4 weeks later...

I have an older ( early 70s vintage) T/C Hawken .50 cal.

I have a tang peep sight because I can't see regular open sights well any more..

I'm currently shooting 460 grain No Excuses conicals ahead of 80 grains of 777... I love those bullets..Real accurate and load real easy, and less expensive than many projectiles, like Powerbelts...

For years I used patched round balls and 90 grains of pyrodex..That combo worked well for me also...

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba .. I do the 70's hawkin too same powder measure  and patch and balls as well... i also use a CVA flint 50 cal and sometime My old TC Scout.

All this talk about Hawkens I'm going to have to watch Jeremiah Johnson again when I get home. ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all - I bought a CVA Kodiak magnum a few years ago. I have yet to take a deer with it but man it shoots great at the range. I bought a Pine Ridge scope for it from Cabelas last year. I've been shooting 2 pellets (100grs) of Pyrodex powder and a 240 gr xtp sabot.

I find the Pyrodex pellets are very hard to clean out of the barrel though. Does anyone reccomend a "cleaner" powder they've used in pellet form? I'm still fairly new to muzzleloading so I need to read up more and learn what others are using with good success. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks all.