Piebald or not?

Three00rum

Aha. If you took the face off your pieball and put it on the body of my pieball, we would have a semi decent looking deer. Maybe there are other genetic "issues" that are at play, besides the coat, that affect pieballs. I can try to dig up a photo of mine but I think I only have it as a hard copy photo.

I don't think I could shoot an all white albino buck but piebald is not the same thing.  I have had enough bad luck hunting so all white would get a pass. 

The all white deer in these videos would get a pass in my woods.  Some good fights!  Enjoy.  Certain superstitions I just can not ignore but piebald is not one of them, nice mount! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRhXGRlKms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=1atb07nlE2I&NR=1

I shot a piebald a few years back and it deformed feet and lower legs..........I've heard they are genetically inferior and often have some type of deformity.

I have also heard that piebalds tend to be genetically inferior. The one that my friend shot on my property a few years back had a perfectly formed 8 point rack, but he was like a "minature" buck, reminiscent of a Coues whitetail.

His rack was perhaps 10" wide inside and he weighed exactly 100 pounds dressed.

I got a buck and caped it for a 3/4 mount jumping out of a wallfortunately my uncle looked at it in detail and talked me into this form...shows of 80% of the white at 1/4 the cost of the 3/4 mount. Nice to have a good taxidermists opinion on issues like that.post-899-0-76121700-1397333309_thumb.jpe