Helping The World

Anyone interested in "helping the world" should be shipping out 244 black angus instead of those scrawny deer ..... lol.

Heck, even milk goats would be better.

Do you know what a high scoring whitetail hunt will bring in that part of the world?  Do you know if these will go on a high fence ranches or just set free to repopulate yet another part of the world?  The future is bright for some. Again!

Do you know what a high scoring whitetail hunt will bring in that part of the world?  Do you know if these will go on a high fence ranches or just set free to repopulate yet another part of the world?  The future is bright for some. Again!

No, the topic never interested me enough to enquire. But I do understand the need in the world for a good steady supply of beef....lol. And if I were really interested in "helping the world", Russia is probably not the first and most needy place that I would start.

Sorry, I know I am being extra "picky", but I think I have seen enough about ranch deer and how they are expected to save the world (damned things out to come with capes) without yet another thread on the subject. How many different ways can we load up the forum with the same topic. I absolutely experienced severe burn-out on the 184 threads involving that subject.

• Like 5

No, the topic never interested me enough to enquire. But I do understand the need in the world for a good steady supply of beef....lol. And if I were really interested in "helping the world", Russia is probably not the first and most needy place that I would start.

Sorry, I know I am being extra "picky", but I think I have seen enough about ranch deer and how they are expected to save the world (damned things out to come with capes) without yet another thread on the subject. How many different ways can we load up the forum with the same topic. I absolutely experienced severe burn-out on the 184 threads involving that subject.

Its just a post. Funny how you complain about them but you are one of the biggest posters on the thread...Every Time!!!  Read it and move on. This kind of goes along with a post i put on awhile back and will continue untill my point is proven.

Funny how some cane degrade some things themselves and the even degrade positives of the same subject.  As you said. You are clueless to this movement and the need so your thoughts on the subject are then really...Clueless!

If you think of where,what and whys of this movement..Its Huge.  You try and go to Russia and see what it takes to get ya there.  Why would they foot the bill to bring whitetails there.  You will probably never know so just read and move along to the next thread!

This kind of goes along with a post i put on awhile back and will continue untill my point is proven.

I know. You have made an earnest effort to attempt to take over the forum with this deer farming nonsense to the point where it is beginning to get quite nauseating. Really, in the greater scheme of things, it truly doesn't deserve all that much attention.

• Like 1

I know. You have made an earnest effort to attempt to take over the forum with this deer farming nonsense to the point where it is beginning to get quite nauseating. Really, in the greater scheme of things, it truly doesn't deserve all that much attention.

Yet you seem to find it necessary to read each one and throw your 2 cents worth of babble on them.  No need or want to take over any part of any forum.  The posts are about wildlife. This site is about wildlife.  

As you can see, I have a life and dont live on this site like you do so when i start catching up to your numbers you let me know.

Really in the scheme in of things it will deserve and gain so much more attention.

Why not, they should thrive over there.

I worked in St Thomas USVI and they have whitetails on that little island. Some local told me settlers in the olden days brought them over in an attempt to domesticate, didn't work.

from what I've heard, they are very easily domesticated.....just ask around.

Its never a good idea to introduce a non native animal/plant to an area..it always leads to problems...pigs, nutria, cats, rats,pythons, snakeheads,peacockbass,gobys,starlings,house sparrows, emerald ash borer, Asian longhorn Beatle, the list goes on and on... death and destruction of native animal and habitat result 100% of the time. And no matter how clean an animal/plant checks out something hitches a ride or it pushes native animal out of its nich ...... destroying the world is more like it.....

• Like 2

well keep them in a pen and things should be fine.  hope none have CWD.  I'd think they're a few years old now and tested right?  I agree with G-Man that invasive species are hardly ever a good thing.  are they going in a fence over there?

well keep them in a pen and things should be fine.  hope none have CWD.  I'd think they're a few years old now and tested right?  I agree with G-Man that invasive species are hardly ever a good thing.  are they going in a fence over there?

After everything you have said in past posts i really hope you are not serious with your question.  

Multiple questions and I am serious. I assume they are all tested so I guess that was a rhetorical question. The three years old thing I got from being told that tests can give false negatives and symptoms sometimes don't show up for a few years. Not trying to say anything negative. Just wondering how it's being done. Maybe you don't have all details. I'm interested enough to ask. Yah rest of my post about keeping them in a fence is serious too.

Multiple questions and I am serious. I assume they are all tested so I guess that was a rhetorical question. The three years old thing I got from being told that tests can give false negatives and symptoms sometimes don't show up for a few years. Not trying to say anything negative. Just wondering how it's being done. Maybe you don't have all details. I'm interested enough to ask. Yah rest of my post about keeping them in a fence is serious too.

Do you know anything at all about CWD?  

Yea actually I do but I don't know everything about it. That's reasons we have discussions here. I think I've been respectful and only expect the same. Just wanted to know more about the whole process. Wasn't implying to deer will spread it but I know it's something that's a part of the process and a potential concern. Honestly though I don't care or expect much. I'll find another deer farmer to ask that's respectful and can actually discuss deer farming.

Yea actually I do but I don't know everything about it. That's reasons we have discussions here. I think I've been respectful and only expect the same. Just wanted to know more about the whole process. Wasn't implying to deer will spread it but I know it's something that's a part of the process and a potential concern. Honestly though I don't care or expect much. I'll find another deer farmer to ask that's respectful and can actually discuss deer farming.

No dis-respect givin here. You made many a posts on a few other threads about some of the negitive thoughts you had and what the problem with CWD was.  One kinda voids the other.

CWD can only be found in a dead animal at this point. We have a live test that will hit the world soon and Oh i so much cant wait for the day it does.

The deer were not usda tested and where these deer are headed?  Well i believe i would rather keep that info under wraps for now.But i will tell you this is just the first trip of many. Just another market for the deer farmer. Very big positive steps towards a huge success in the future.

from what I've heard, they are very easily domesticated.....just ask around.

I'm in the 95% sure range that whitetails are not able to be domesticated. they are too jittery, reclusive. If your thinking deer farms, most of them are going to have wooded lots. & fields. A deer in cage is in captivity not domesticated .