tired of just having a job? get a career with benifits!

G-Man

I agree with you except for the young recent college grad...they can't find jobs. My nephews (20 yr olds) ended up moving to ND to find decent jobs.

This being said, down here, lots of people choose not to work. They rather live off the labors of others.

I have plenty of jobs for new college grads at a $2-3B a year company. No joke. Rochester. Sales, ops, marketing, etc. Plenty.

Problem I find, most college grads can't talk themselves out of a paper bag. I am finding 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 can actually interview.

Case in point, I interviewed 10 people for a post on my team. 9 of 10 are graduating next month. Two candidates were solid. No shock to me when those were the only two to send follow-up/thank you emails.

The other 8....I feel bad for them personally. They didn't get the money value out of college and that was apparent in the interviews.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

I have plenty of jobs for new college grads at a $2-3B a year company. No joke. Rochester. Sales, ops, marketing, etc. Plenty.

Problem I find, most college grads can't talk themselves out of a paper bag. I am finding 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 can actually interview.

Case in point, I interviewed 10 people for a post on my team. 9 of 10 are graduating next month. Two candidates were solid. No shock to me when those were the only two to send follow-up/thank you emails.

The other 8....I feel bad for them personally. They didn't get the money value out of college and that was apparent in the interviews.

What Paychexs? post the url to the career site... lots of folks might find it useful. I agree with you, lots of dumbasses coming out of school...my brothers kids included.

Edited by mmkay

Graduated in what?

+1, 20 year olds with bachelor's degrees already. That's impressive. What major?

Not sure why they needed to go to ND for a job, when they could have just come down to NYC or Westchester and got a job easily.

Dakotas have an oil boom and and it's a great place to move for work right now because the pay is insane compared to the cost of living.

The infrastructure to support brings in job demands for all kinds of things downstream.

I was just talking to a friend yesterday about Williston ND. Her son has been there since December, straight out of school and the farm, he has banked 40 grand so far. Cheap housing and land is a thing of the past though. Ridiculous prices for rent and land now. You better have an RV and be willing to park it in a field ..lol

I was just talking to a friend yesterday about Williston ND. Her son has been there since December, straight out of school and the farm, he has banked 40 grand so far. Cheap housing and land is a thing of the past though. Ridiculous prices for rent and land now. You better have an RV and be willing to park it in a field ..lol

I know one 22 year old pipe welder that made $120,000 last year up there and wasn't there the whole year.

I'm well aware of the ND Oil Boom for 2 reasons:

1- Some guys I hunted with in Minnesota work out there (2 weeks on 2 weeks off for around $100k per year). They told me its mayhem out there. Bunch of 18-25 year old guys making $ and testerone flying around. Lots of fights, stabbings, etc. going on in the nightlife there.

2- My aunt (through marriage to my Uncle); her family had a farm in their family for many years in North Dakota. For years oil companies tried to hit oil on their property but couldn't get at it. Finally, about a year or two ago the oil company was able to get at it using different technology. Their family now gets some pretty nice royalty checks now.  I'm happy for my middle school aged cousins and my Uncle, but why can't they send me some of the $? lol.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I would think most would choose ND over NYC or Westchester. I know I would.

LOL, not anyone I know. No girls, nowhere to live, most of the jobs are pretty boring and repetitive, bad health conditions working in that environment, etc.

So why haven't you gone? If your 18 you can get a job out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Maybe when I turn 18 I will. It's actually a very nice state.

Good luck. I've never been there but from what I heard it is underrated when it comes hunting, some nice bucks to be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. I've never been there but from what I heard it is underrated when it comes hunting, some nice bucks to be had. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just kidding about my age Biz.  I turned 18 about 22 years ago.  I'm sticking it out in NY for now with my job and family.  But I hear the same thing about the hunting.

Aw, No openings for Albany. I consider myself pretty lucky. I graduated last May with a BA in Environmental Studies and had a job offer before graduation. Pays the bills for the time being, but I am always looking for the next step. Someone on here should have a insider info for an Environmental major I would hope  :biggrin: