TURKEY REPORTS - SPRING 2014

TurkeyHuntPA_NY

34NY. Gets your heart pumping doesn't it ? You have a few days to connect on old wise Tom. Good luck but enjoy it regardless if you take a bird or not

Yea it sure does. I closed my eyes at one point cause I figured she'd see my eyeballs Lol! When you can hear leaves crunching under they're footsteps you know your close.

I've enjoyed every minute this season. Bird or no bird I'm hooked. I've come so close so many times and had a ton of action my first year. I can truly say if I went with a shotty instead of a bow all season I most definitely would have tagged out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Set in my blind overlooking my diamond shaped food plot of buckwheat, peas and clovers at my 7j lease.

45 clear and calm.

Man it's bright early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Moved through my logging trail plot slow and purred and clucked the whole way:

post-1622-14014578064282_thumb.jpg

Got a silent bird to circle me as soon as a sat down but he hung up and I did not have a good place to conceal myself quietly.

So I proceeded toward my boomerang plot which is a week behind the diamond in growth:

post-1622-14014579786363_thumb.jpg

I'm set up pretty nice here and back to some clucks and purrs and the occasional yelp.

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1

Sit tight MM, this season is coming right down to the wire for you.

At least you're getting your $10 worth of season out of your tags!

I heard one gobble from the deck this morning and wished I could go after him.

• Like 1

Sit tight MM, this season is coming right down to the wire for you.

At least you're getting your $10 worth of season out of your tags!

I heard one gobble from the deck this morning and wished I could go after him.

Thanks Wooly, I wish I had the skills to walk up and hug wild critters the way you do!

I had a wild start, flung a few arrows, scored a solid 2yr old with BM and then...almost no action.

That's how the season typically gets I guess, progressively harder...they should give bonus pts in the contest for any bird harvested after May 5th...ha!

I'll be back for the final round tomorrow AM...is it whitetail season anywhere yet?

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 3

Yes friends, another Spring turkey season has come and gone. Successfull  for some, tagging a bird or two. For others, the sheer excitement of encountering this foul, deem success.  What was gained or taught by this sharp eyed spy, shall gain future knowledge, for you and I.  Congrats to all, and we'll see you in the Fall.

I miss the turkey hunting but I have to admit it was nice to sleep in and have breakfast with "da wife". Definitely was  a different season.. between the lack of gobbling, the weather, and the absence of black flies it was trying. But I would do it over again in a minute. Congrats to all who scored. Remember the turkeys are always teaching us something, but you have to be there to see it, the hardest thing in turkey hunting is putting 2 feet on the bedroom floor!

• Like 1

This was the quietest season I have ever seen. Atleast in the 22 i have been hunting turkeys. I was lucky to tag one bird.

combo of a few wet springs with a rough winter put a hurting on the birds in my area. Not only were they quiet they were just not there. However as always it was a great season as they all are. Definitely my favorite game to hunt.Congrats to all you guys who hung tags.Now the countdown. 11 months to go. Gobble Gobble

Real quiet season. I had a little action & played dueling banjos with a few toms, but I didn't tag a damn thing. Best part is, I ran into the neighbor of the property I hunt, yesterday. He was out tending his bees yesterday around 2pm and a tom was yelling his head off, right in the patch I have been hunting…LOL!! Story of my life….thats hunting.