TURKEY REPORTS - SPRING 2014

TurkeyHuntPA_NY

I made it up to the top of the ridge...no turkeys, lots of sign.

I did see that the 4x4 trails have been getting heavy use so I obstructed all the entrances.

As I was finishing the second entrance I heard someone on a dirt bike coming up from the third entrance.

I stopped him...asked him if he saw the signs (ofcourse not), I told him the property is under new management and off limits...told him to get the hell out and to tell his friends.

Back in the blind for the duration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Nothing going on today. I did figure out that the tom I was working yesterday is domestic. Something didn't seem right so I took a drive around the block and figured it out. The moron has him running free range during turkey season.

• Like 2

today should have been the day... had 1 gobbling his head off from 5:05 AM, I worked him and his hens till 9. at one time I had the gun on him and the safety off but I couldn't see his beard and I didn't want to shoot a Jake. He was less than 40yds. . had to move on him 3 times..did everything but kill that bird... great hunt. Hope to try it again tomorrow. 

• Like 3

9h here. Starting at 5:09: 93 gobbles on roost before hitting the deck. Inside 150 yards. Thought for sure he'd pitch into field I'm set up on. But as we know nothing about a turkey is predictable. 12-15 more gobbles on ground but he's off 300 yards and gone silent for last 15 minutes. I'm playing tough to get, calling sparingly He knows a hen ( me) is here. Curiosity killed many a cat ( turkey )

8:30 now. He fired up about 300 yards across field. 15 minutes he gobbled over there. Got him to cross field and poof. Whodini bird disappeared Hasn't made a sound for awhile now. No way he pegged me as I could barely see his head thru brambles at 125 yards. If this was easy I wouldn't do it : )

• Like 1

congrats Joe,  I spent over 5 hours in the woods today and did not hear a bird.  Went to Little valley, I think everybody was down to their camps this weekend and tearing up the woods with 4 wheelers. Hopefully it will calm down later in the week, I may get out Thursday and Saturday.

• Like 1

Last night my brother and I reset my Barronett Grounder 250 at the bottom of my Diamond warm season plot:

post-1622-14013722375054_thumb.jpg

post-1622-14013722520208_thumb.jpg

Left side:

post-1622-14013723700996_thumb.jpg

Front:

post-1622-14013723906366_thumb.jpg

I'll be there with bow madness tomorrow and Saturday mornings...should have been there this morning for all of the action:

post-1622-14013724604923_thumb.jpg

post-1622-1401372478293_thumb.jpg

Here is a link to my food plot progress:

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22241-First-Plots/page__view__findpost__p__304411

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1