What broad heads do you use for turkey?

DeerStalker22

I've been hunting hunting turkeys since I was 12 but have never really gotten into bow hunting them.  The last four years I have wanted to but have not been able to do so because of college and i couldn't get out to shoot my bow enough to feel comfortable to take it out with me in the woods.  This year I will have the chance to do so and was just wondering what type of broad heads everyone uses.  Is just the standard broad head i would use for deer ok?  I don't plan on taking neck shots so the large broad heads that are meant for those shots are not in the picture.   

Personally I don't use a special head for turkeys. I shoot Grizz Tricks just like I do for deer. The sweet spot is pretty much at the height of the beard and directly over the legs. Head on or straightaway shots are the best in my opinion because you have a good chance for a spine hit.

• 4 weeks later...

Started the season with rage 2 blades but did not like the penetration (more like lack there of) in the 2 birds I shot and 1 harvested.

I decided for the remainder of this season I'd go back to montec fixed blades....I had a handful laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager