Deer camp names

DeerStalker22

I was wondering if you guys had a name for your deer camps.  The hunting club I belong to has multiple camps, so many of the camps have their own name.  My camp is called Camp Plan B because at the time of me and my brother acquiring the camp, my parents camp was on its last stand.  So we named it the Plan B because if their camp ever feel to the ground we would always have a back up.

We called this camp the "Dark Woods" camp. This picture is taken from what we call "the open woods". looking down into the ravine with a rather large area of old-growth hemlocks that keep the area perpetually shaded ..... hence the name "Dark Woods"

post-11-0-83233900-1398243732_thumb.jpg

The camp is still standing and in fairly good shape, but we haven't used it as a hunting camp in quite a few years.

post-11-0-16447200-1398244586_thumb.jpg

We used that area for a good many years before we built the cabin, and even back then, it was called "The Dark Woods Camp".

post-11-0-48474000-1398243855_thumb.jpg

I joined a deer camp in the 90's in central NY, it had the perfect name " Outdoor For  Ever " .... the camp was started by one family from Johnson city and was made up of a lot of firefighters, police and local IBM's. I was in the group for over 10 years and loved the mix of guys, lots of guys that wanted the club to grow, no issues with getting helping hand to have new project for the club, the house was next to 7500 acres of state land. We had the upstarts as a barrack setup of over 20 beds. I liked the area so much I purchase my own piece of land and built a camp on it, and when I retired from IBM I built my retirement home.

• 6 years later...