Todays turkeys...

wooly

I went for a hike today and got on some more gobblers!
I heard one gobble on his own as soon as the snow stopped and the sun peaked out. I found an old downed tree to hide behind, so I quick set out my rubber chicken,lol
I gave a few excited calls and I heard some serious double gobbling coming my way, so I got tucked in and waited.

Birds were on a dead run to my decoy. First to show up was 5 hens, and then a jake and a longbeard stopped by for a little dance off before they moved up the hill to strut and gobble. They left the ladies behind, and I literally had hens within 5ft of me for about 10 minutes straight.
I'm think I'm kinda starting to get the hang of this spring turkey stuff!

Heck, I even found another antler! :)

CSC_0167_zpsddfc5d4c.jpg

CSC_0171_zps4d023dd0.jpg

CSC_0180_zpsc625e4c0.jpg

CSC_0213_zpsf5d2661b.jpg

CSC_0218_zpsdfdb90db.jpg

CSC_0182_zps49a59d66.jpg

CSC_0221_zps619fcef7.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsbfe04684.jpg

DSC_0090_zps3820795e.jpg

Before all the turkey got a chance to leave the area, this little deer showed up and practically kissed me.

DSC_0132_zps12d258d0.jpg

• Like 7

Hey Doewhacker, I tried to get you something with some more color today.... this is the best I could come up with!

Make sure you send me some framed canvases of all these freakin' birds, ok?

CSC_0281_zps3d0d9bea.jpg

CSC_0275_zpsfef707a2.jpg

CSC_0274_zpsaf9dd626.jpg

CSC_0276_zps77e08f6a.jpg

• Like 3

Wooly now that you can use a gun instead of the camera, any luck?

Actually I've been using my bow so far this year but haven't been able to connect yet.

If I used my gun, I'd already be back to using my camera,lol.

Lots of action the first two days of season, but the weather has kind of screwed them up here this weekend.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I can process all those colors! Awesome. Here the paint isn't even dry yet, I'll fold it up in an envelope for you..haha

I know this thread is a month old but I'm happy to see someone else on here that paints!

• Like 1

I know this thread is a month old but I'm happy to see someone else on here that paints!

Yes it is a hobby that I have gotten back into lately. I do ink drawing and water color as of right now but plan on trying some acrylic on canvas in the future. Right now I have about 100 ideas back logged in my mind that need to come out, lol

Yes it is a hobby that I have gotten back into lately. I do ink drawing and water color as of right now but plan on trying some acrylic on canvas in the future. Right now I have about 100 ideas back logged in my mind that need to come out, lol

Good for you!! If you ever want to chat about painting, let me know.

• Like 1