King Of The 22s

Had a chance to get my hands on some 22 ammo and purchased a bunch of Browning BPR 22 LR stuff, this ammo pretty much duplicates CCI Velocitors which is substantially more powerful than regular ammo. I have never shot any myself so I was interested to see how it performs, got out one of my best shooters, a Winchester model 52B sporter which has the reputation of being the King of the 22s. This gun is a Japanese reproduction made back in the late 90s I think and the quality in my opinion rivals the original Winchesters, it is one beautiful rifle.

I have fooled around quite a bit with various premium hyper velocity ammo, the main complaints you will find is it does not have the gilt edge accuracy of some of the regular standard stuff. I am quite pleased with this Browning ammo and it shoots about the same as the CCI accuracy wise, not the one hole groups of standard velocity but good enough for Squirrels and would be very good for Fox and Chuck within it's range limits say 75 yds for Squirrels and out to a little over 100yds on Chucks.

Al

2022-10-19_104900.png

2022-10-20_173642.png

• Like 12

2 hours ago, airedale said:

Had a chance to get my hands on some 22 ammo and purchased a bunch of Browning BPR 22 LR stuff, this ammo pretty much duplicates CCI Velocitors which is substantially more powerful than regular ammo. I have never shot any myself so I was interested to see how it performs, got out one of my best shooters, a Winchester model 52B sporter which has the reputation of being the King of the 22s. This gun is a Japanese reproduction made back in the late 90s I think and the quality in my opinion rivals the original Winchesters, it is one beautiful rifle.

I have fooled around quite a bit with various premium hyper velocity ammo, the main complaints you will find is it does not have the gilt edge accuracy of some of the regular standard stuff. I am quite pleased with this Browning ammo and it shoots about the same as the CCI accuracy wise, not the one hole groups of standard velocity but good enough for Squirrels and would be very good for Fox and Chuck within it's range limits say 75 yds for Squirrels and out to a little over 100yds on Chucks.

Al

2022-10-19_104900.png

2022-10-20_173642.png

Nuce !! , Airdale dont you have a hunting  website or blog ? I think it was you that mentioned it on here I saw one time. what do i google to find it ? Airdale ?

Edited by phantom