What if.....?

Witty

My first reaction was, "Why not"? But the more I think about some of the conversations we have had on here about all the nuances of the law, and all the little hidden rules and regulations that we may not even be aware of, maybe my answer is softening a bit. Recognizing that we are likely breaking all kinds of laws that we misunderstand or simply are not aware of, perhaps you might be placing yourself in some jeopardy. I have seen thread after thread where guys are arguing back and forth about the fine print or the meanings or the details of some of the conservation laws. It kind of tells me that some rather well meaning individuals can quite innocently run afoul of the law and not even realize it. You know ignorance of the law is no excuse and that is fine until it is your ignorance that you are being ticketed for.....lol. That question posed on the initial post isn't really all that easy to answer anymore.

Doc, that is what I'm worried about. I am 100% still going to hunt the property. It's a damn good turkey spot. Hopefully I run into him. The property owner even gave me permission to deer hunt it this season (only had turkey last year).I stopped in over the weekend and he mentioned to me this dec employee had asked to turkey hunt. He had said the gentlemen stated they were having problems in the area. I can't recall if he said he was an officer or just employee.

why not get his or her contact information and get in touch with them? if you're going to be hunting the same land with another it might be a good idea to know each others plans ahead of time....and yes I wouldn't think twice about hunting it.

Edited by jjb4900