Witty

What if.....?

With all the complaining we do about lawbreakers, I would think we'd all want a DEC officer hunting with us.

• Like 1

Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not.

I'd hunt there and I'd likely become friends with the DEC Officer also.

Member of: Hunter's Garden, Suffolk Archers, Freeport Revolver and Rifle Club, NRA

Sure would, we have a Lt. that belongs to our hunt club, great reference for when we have questions.  Some of the members privately resented having him in the club, IMHO it is foolish to feel that way.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—   I took the one less traveled by...and that has made all the difference.  - Robert Frost

If you enjoy hunting with other people I don't see what the big deal is. Honestly I don't or prefer hunting alone when it comes to deer season. Turkey season is another story, I mean I like calling in a bird for a jr hunter or friend if I can, good times. Maybe the guy is a duck hunter or enjoys good company fishing as well.

edit to add; I bet there would be different responses if this was a Wisconsin forum. 

Edited by Fantail

No business with Amish or Mennonites for me.

Until I start seeing reflectors on their buggies at night.

I always look at what can go wrong before I look at the benefits. There are far more reasons this can be a good thing. Thank you guys for all your input. I will let you know how it plays out. I was unable to get contact information for him. Hopefully we don't mess up each other's hunts tomorrow.

What if... The DEC guy was doing something illegal! Oh snap.

• Like 1

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

With the trespasser crap I've had to put up with on opening morning of rifle season 3 of the last 4 years, I'd offer money for one to hunt with me. 

Hell, I'd give him food and lodging!

• Like 1

With the trespasser crap I've had to put up with on opening morning of rifle season 3 of the last 4 years, I'd offer money for one to hunt with me. 

Hell, I'd give him food and lodging!

Thats a main reason I wouldnt - it would appear to be a conflict of interest w/ no arm length transaction and look more like bribery 

Good point Greenecounty, but I wasn't being serious. Just speaking emotionally after thinking about my past experiences with the jackwagon trespassers.

But actually I wouldn't mind in the least if I hunted with an ECO. I'm never afraid to learn something new, and it seems like it would be a good connection.