Nates first bird,

asav2013

Took my buddy's 15 year old little brother out this morning, scouted my lease out the last few days and knew of at least 2 strutters , snuck in and got set up by 5 o clock and sat down and I look to my left and there sets a 4 point shed, I told him nate look at his , iv only ever found one other shed in my life I told him this our luck right here ya don't find one of these every day and I think that got him preety excited then turkeys started gobbling every where closer to 6, at least 10 birds within the 800 yards of us in different directions, I hear a hen callin off the roost so I gave her some soft music , fly down cackle and it was on, 8 hens flew down and just outta sight, I see one hen work in the edge , then a Tom stepped out about 80 yards from us I told nate don't move Tom in the field , cock the hammer, he did, I harped on him about movement and.keeping still but seeing that bird he lost it, he moved took much and the bird was at 50 yards and he knew something was up and he turned then other way and walked over the hill, 2 Jake's followed him out and they proceeded to follow, I gave em some soft music on my glass call and got there attention , they started to come to my decoys and another bird gobbled 60 yards in the woods and I asked nate Ya wanna shoot a Jake or ya wanna wait for a Tom , I asked him this prolly 5 times and he never answered me, birds were not at 30 yards , BOOM! His single shot 12 gauge roared and his first bird was on the ground by 6:30, I asked him why he didn't answer me he said i never even heard Ya so I know he was zoned in and didn't wanna miss ,,a doubled bearded Jake one 4" and one 3" , maybe 1/4" spurs, the size of the bird doesn't matter but i was proud of the kid, he missed on a big Tom with his dad last year , I don't know who was more excited him or me, first youth iv gotten to take out, I remember my cousins taking me when i was little and me killing my first bird that started the obsession iv pursued every May since, Ya can see the shed in the picture also ,

post-3213-13985134922454_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by asav2013
  • Like 2

I'd rather call em in and see some one else kill em over me behind the gun any time , I'd get my enjoyment out of calling getting birds to react and out smarting them, iv killed my fair share of trophy birds a few I'll prolly never top but getting this kid a bird is a story he"'ll never forget the rest of his life, I could tell Ya detail for detail of my first bird , and I'll never forget his, to say I'm proud is an understatement I grew up with his older brother and watched this kid grow up just as I did hunting

TurkeyhuntPa_ny, I lease land just out side of town , they were talkative on the roost, but all of em but one shut up when they hit the ground, when we got back to the truck there was still one bird goin nuts gobblin every 30 seconds ,