Meat Manager contest thread

5/4 9:50am, 19lbs, 7 1/2" beard, 7/8" Spurs:

post-1622-13992200727118_thumb.jpg

post-1622-13992202188955_thumb.jpg

post-1622-13992202366665_thumb.jpg

His feathers surely did take a beating...I told the story on the Spring Turkey Report Thread:

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22421-TURKEY-REPORTS---SPRING-2014/page__view__findpost__p__300925

post-1622-13992202941585_thumb.jpg

My first turkey harvest with the bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 5

That's awesome, I want to give bow hunting turkeys a try. Did you use a blind and what broadheads? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone...I learned alot this weekend about using a bow on armor plated Turkeys!

I did use a barronett grounder 250 blind and rage broadheads...I wanted to do the broadside wing breaking technique as the idea of keeping the bird from flying after the shot sounded logical.

The issue was the 2 blades really had a problem getting by the wing feathers in tact. The initial shot penetrated the chest cavity but the rest of the body shots just slid up inside the skin along the ribcage.

I will now only attempt inside 20 yd neckshot/decapatating type shots, the 2 blade did the job when I finally took a shot at his neck.

I also love the one handed operation of my MAD hatchet box call...very nice for bow hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager