Can we vote out Hochul ??

I've been avoiding the politics around here like a $5 cat house lately. But seeing it's you who posts far more about hunting and fishing here, I'll chime in.

Zeldin has a good chance. But we can't afford for people to vote Independent. Those people need to understand that vote will help the witch keep her throne. We have no middle ground anymore. Lines have been drawn and people need to pick a side, there's no standing in the middle anymore! Any vote for the left is going to keep NY in a bad way. High taxes, gun laws made my temper tantrum throwing morons, and criminals to continue to go un-punished.

I used to try and understand the lefts way of thinking, not anymore. I've lost pretty much all respect for anyone who votes left. They support the people who want to take my guns away, make my grocery bill 5 times what it ever was, and make taxpayers foot the bill for "undocumented" immigrants to stay in high-end hotels. My last straw was buying a box of ammo and having to give my life story to do so. Fug the left!

Said my peace, now I'll see my way out and back into the hunting area.

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I've been avoiding the politics around here like a $5 cat house lately. But seeing it's you who posts far more about hunting and fishing here, I'll chime in.

Zeldin has a good chance. But we can't afford for people to vote Independent. Those people need to understand that vote will help the witch keep her throne. We have no middle ground anymore. Lines have been drawn and people need to pick a side, there's no standing in the middle anymore! Any vote for the left is going to keep NY in a bad way. High taxes, gun laws made my temper tantrum throwing morons, and criminals to continue to go un-punished.

I used to try and understand the lefts way of thinking, not anymore. I've lost pretty much all respect for anyone who votes left. They support the people who want to take my guns away, make my grocery bill 5 times what it ever was, and make taxpayers foot the bill for "undocumented" immigrants to stay in high-end hotels. My last straw was buying a box of ammo and having to give my life story to do so. Fug the left!

Agreed 150%- $5 Catbox? Where did you get that expression :)

9 hours ago, DirtTime said:

How will voting for Zeldin on the independent line be a vote for the left? 

With many people in the city concerned with the massive increase in crime since "Bail Reform" and the war on police left 4000 vacancies on the force, there is an excellent chance even NYC will not be giving Hochul more than half of it's votes.

There hasn't been a better chance for a Republican candidate to win the state house since Pataki.

Upstate NY voters just need to get their butts to the polls and make it happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mowin said:

How will voting for Zeldin on the independent line be a vote for the left? 

See below:

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Zeldin is running as a Republican.  Votes for independents in this election probably take votes from him.

This.

There isn't technically and independent this year. I think Sharp will show up on the ballot, though, as the Libertarian. If so, a vote that way will essentially be a vote for Huchul instead of Zeldin. Maybe not in exact action, but a vote for anyone but Zeldin is a vote against him, leaving crusty crotch to take the game. As much as some may want to see a change from straight forward left/right, it's clear the center isn't the place to stand right now, and may never be again.

I'm hoping if Zeldin wins, he stands behind what he says he'll do. ALL of it!

Alas, even with the hope of hopes, I doubt we are going to see crusty crotch loose. Too many fluffy white snowflakes in this state. It's also not that Upstate doesn't vote, it's the population is lower than that of the major cities combined. NYC area alone is probably three times the population of the Adirondacks. Add in the Albany areas, Rochester and Buffalo areas, and the other major metro areas and the Republicans are just flat out outnumbered. Blue State through and through.

Been looking at homes in Maine lately, we don't want to move out of state, but the bullshit in NY is getting to be too much, even for my wife who said she'd never leave NY.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

See below:

This.

There isn't technically and independent this year. I think Sharp will show up on the ballot, though, as the Libertarian. If so, a vote that way will essentially be a vote for Huchul instead of Zeldin. Maybe not in exact action, but a vote for anyone but Zeldin is a vote against him, leaving crusty crotch to take the game. As much as some may want to see a change from straight forward left/right, it's clear the center isn't the place to stand right now, and may never be again.

I'm hoping if Zeldin wins, he stands behind what he says he'll do. ALL of it!

Alas, even with the hope of hopes, I doubt we are going to see crusty crotch loose. Too many fluffy white snowflakes in this state. It's also not that Upstate doesn't vote, it's the population is lower than that of the major cities combined. NYC area alone is probably three times the population of the Adirondacks. Add in the Albany areas, Rochester and Buffalo areas, and the other major metro areas and the Republicans are just flat out outnumbered. Blue State through and through.

Been looking at homes in Maine lately, we don't want to move out of state, but the bullshit in NY is getting to be too much, even for my wife who said she'd never leave NY.

So your saying I vote for zeldin on the independent line, Zeldin doesn't get the vote?  Or those votes don't count? 

2 hours ago, mowin said:

So your saying I vote for zeldin on the independent line, Zeldin doesn't get the vote?  Or those votes don't count? 

Zledin got the Republican nod, he's running under that party. I do not believe he will be listed as both. :scratchhead:

Now, I am done being fish hooked back into this thread, lol. The only reason I even replied was pygmy posted the question, anyone else I would not have bothered. Well, then there's I cannot hunt this week, or at least until Thursday if I get a go ahead from the Dr. .

:bye:

2 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Zledin got the Republican nod, he's running under that party. I do not believe he will be listed as both. :scratchhead:

Now, I am done being fish hooked back into this thread, lol. The only reason I even replied was pygmy posted the question, anyone else I would not have bothered. Well, then there's I cannot hunt this week, or at least until Thursday if I get a go ahead from the Dr. .

:bye:

Sorry to "lure" you back in. Lol.  

I didn't realize he wasn't running as a independent also. 

• Haha 1

Zeldin is not a level-headed, moderate Republican. He is a Trump loyalist who applauded the overturn of Roe v. Wade. He has a terrible environmental record, something that all hunters should care about. He also opposes some of the basic social rights that the overwhelming majority of Americans agree on, such as marriage equality. Your grocery bill will not change with this election. Your daughter’s ability to exercise her will over her body may.  

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Zeldin is not a level-headed, moderate Republican. He is a Trump loyalist who applauded the overturn of Roe v. Wade. He has a terrible environmental record, something that all hunters should care about. He also opposes some of the basic social rights that the overwhelming majority of Americans agree on, such as marriage equality. Your grocery bill will not change with this election. Your daughter’s ability to exercise her will over her body may.  

And Hochul is trying violate anyones rights who carries a gun legally ,,, well legally before her new crazy laws,,, and forgot about the victim of crimes she cares more about the criminal. Zeledin said point blank no change in NY abortion laws, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Your scare tactics are as effective as grouse. Alot of BS in that statement. 

And the answer to the question, no Zeldin won't  win. He will be lucky to pull 40%.