Never too young to start shooting a bow.

Grouse

The smile says it all, keep the little guy in the game, I hope he sticks with it. For me archery is one of those things that gets in your blood and just provides me with a lot of enjoyment and challenge. Even though I do not hunt nowhere near as much as I once did I still love to get out and shoot, got me my first real long bow this summer and have had a blast slinging arrows with it.

Al

• Like 2

I start the grandkids out with the recurve bow so they learn the basics and good technique.  His sister is 9 now and she still loves to shoot her recurve bow.  She is really good with it out to 30 yards too.  She wants to shoot a deer with it, but needs to get her license first. 

Neither one is shooting guns much yet, as I don't have any youth firearms that would fit them.

• Like 1

Do they still offer the safety course online? That was a nice "benefit" of Covid lockdowns for my boys. While the safety course online is nowhere near as good as the classroom, their schedules never allowed for the course. Now that they have the cert, I can really review all the main points when in the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Do they still offer the safety course online? That was a nice "benefit" of Covid lockdowns for my boys. While the safety course online is nowhere near as good as the classroom, their schedules never allowed for the course. Now that they have the cert, I can really review all the main points when in the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Online course is still available. My daughter took both the hunters education and bow hunting course online this year.

I feel newer hunters that don't come from a hunting family/background would benefit the most from an in class room discussion. The online version I think fit well for my daughter and probably most of our kids on this forum because they are learning about hunting at an early age from us and from being in the woods. My daughter has way more hunting knowledge at 12 than I did at 16-20 years old. My early hunting knowledge was sit here, don't move and shoot the first deer that comes along. 

• Like 2