Rain Gear

I've had a lot of luck with the Gander Mountain TecH2O rain gear.  I bought a new set last year of the same stuff.  Main reason for getting a new set was I wanted a new camo pattern.  Pants and jacket together were about $150.  

I've had a lot of luck with the Gander Mountain TecH2O rain gear. I bought a new set last year of the same stuff. Main reason for getting a new set was I wanted a new camo pattern. Pants and jacket together were about $150.

Same here. Ive lost count how old my set it. I just wore it today. It has to be going on its 7th or 8th year.

You didn't say what kind of money you were looking to spend but I have the Kuiu Chugach and it is really nice.  I also have the Helly Hansen Impertech, which will keep you dry but it is not breathable at all.  I hear the new First Lite stuff is pretty good too.  All the outdoor companies (OR, Marmot, etc.) make good stuff too.    

I recently did some research on this because I needed rain gear for the rain day that was May 1st. After reading a number of forum posts on a very popular archery forum and other places on the web, I went with stuff from Rivers West.

Wasn't too expensive (in terms of rain gear), 140 for top and bottoms. Very light weight, and very quiet. It didnt rain too much so I didn’t get a chance to test it in a soaking rain but so far so good. The Kuiu stuff and Sitka stuff was also highly recommended by a lot of guys, but 500 - 600 was just too much for me to pay for something that will get used 2 or 3 times a year.

My brother and step dad got some Frogg Toggs stuff. Very inexpensive, like 50 for the set. Seemed to work, but wasn't too quiet.

Best $15 I ever spent was on a camo umbrella that straps to the tree over your head. Don't even need rain gear. I do sometimes get water running down the tree, thru the back of my vest ,thru my clothes and leeches down to my boxers. Oh how i love the feeling i wet my pants : )