1st Day Victim.....

muckland1

I got in early, 5:20 they were singing my song,  1 to the East and 2 to the west , just about 100 yards over the Water…  5:50 they were on the ground just a hammering … The Two to the west were answering everything I  threw at them… but were heading away from me… lol as usual .  So I shut my calling down for about 20 min .. Hit the call again.. and Bam…  He was in my lap… here he came looking for his long lost mistress… 10" beard 1 1/8 spur

0501141718a_zps5ee3db58.jpg

Edited by muckland1
  • Like 10

Opening Morning May 2014. 

This guy was gobblin' while my fiance and I were setting up our decoys around 5 30. We rushed back to our cover of choice and I let a few soft yelps out with the diaphragm. Sure enough the ol' Tom was interested. Gobbled like crazy to both diaphragm and slate for probably 15 minutes straight. Did not sound like he was moving or getting closer, until the sun exposed him about 100 yds in a clearing straight ahead of us. We drew the imaginary line between us so we would know who would shoot, who wouldn't. As soon as he saw our submissive sally hens and Jake he started his struttin'. lucky me he came in range on my side of the line. Put him down at about 35 yards. hunt was over around 6 15. 

10 1/2 " beard

1 1/8 " Spurs ( one was broke off partially)

21 lbs.

My best bird yet.

Now i hope for my fiance to shoot one tomorrow morning :)

Good luck to all !!

post-2467-0-51327600-1399073828_thumb.jp

cody turkkkkk.htm