May 5 2014

growalot

First, Thank you all for the CONGRATS. No I had no time to video it, I do have trail cam pics of him and his buddy. I posted this because I'm a hunter and he was a very worthy opponent.I spent 2 months trying to figure them out for they ,in that time gobbled in the morning just 2 times. Once in April and the day I shot him. they would show up between 6-8 PM and gobble their heads off once every 3 days then disappear..I finally estimated where the last gobble came from and went in at 4:30 the next morning so I had no chance to be seen..setting up a feeder and alert hen decoys. Well they managed to roost just 10 yrds.from the blind and I got a great show of his buddy gobbling,spitting and drumming..even fan action 40 ft.up on a tree limb..I had to lean on my side in the chair to see him. So he was an old and literally a tough Bird that  deserved being shared,thus the post....No I'm not back, but again thank you.

she owes no explanation, and life goes on. But I have to admit curiosity has me on this one.

True, but I'm not curious. I find it weird she wants to share but yet is not back. What's the point.

Nice turkey though

• Like 2

True, but I'm not curious. I find it weird she wants to share but yet is not back. What's the point.

Nice turkey though

It's not weird...she got chased off by jerks for her style of posting, so she's keeping it short and sweet, 1 of maybe 12-15 birds harvested by site members this season.

She posted a lot, true...unlike many on this site she also actually hunted a lot.

Nice bird grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe after 3-4 years anyone chased her off. I think most relaxed to her style and they asked her a lot of questions and she shared a lot. I learned good stuff from her

Check the last day she posted...she got ripped apart by several members concerning her style of posting.

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21474-snipers-shot-up-a-Silicon-Valley-substation-for-19-minutes/page__view__findpost__p__286266

Edited by Meat Manager

Nice turkey though

so you are curious if you find it weird...

It's not weird...she got chased off by jerks for her style of posting, so she's keeping it short and sweet, 1 of maybe 12-15 birds harvested by site members this season.

She posted a lot, true...unlike many on this site she also actually hunted a lot.

Nice bird grow.

unlike many on this site she hunted a lot? You make some weird statements dude. Who here doesn't hunt a lot? Remember again that number of tags punched has no correlation what so ever to time in woods. I can guarantee my retired father logged more hours in the stand than 99% of this site and didn't fill a tag. His choice.

I don't believe after 3-4 years anyone chased her off. I think most relaxed to her style and they asked her a lot of questions and she shared a lot. I learned good stuff from her

I'll admit to giving her a hard time every now and then... but I never saw anyone be malicious towards her. It is, after all an internet forum. Filled with people of many different walks of life and opinions. We butt heads sure, but at the end of the day I'd sit around the campfire with a cold one with all of you. Differences aside.

so you are curious if you find it weird...

unlike many on this site she hunted a lot? You make some weird statements dude. Who here doesn't hunt a lot? Remember again that number of tags punched has no correlation what so ever to time in woods. I can guarantee my retired father logged more hours in the stand than 99% of this site and didn't fill a tag. His choice.

I'll admit to giving her a hard time every now and then... but I never saw anyone be malicious towards her. It is, after all an internet forum. Filled with people of many different walks of life and opinions. We butt heads sure, but at the end of the day I'd sit around the campfire with a cold one with all of you. Differences aside.

It wasn't you that beefed with her that day, and it was some personal attack stuff, I don't know that was it but it was her last day.

I'll stand by my statement, lots of traffic on this site leading up to season openers, lots of big talk and opinions and then 2 weeks into the season, ghost town.

Harvest threads and live from the stand reports show you who is out hunting...post counts just tell you who's doing the most talking.

Edited by Meat Manager

It wasn't you that beefed with her that day, and it was some personal attack stuff, I don't know that was it but it was her last day.

I'll stand by my statement, lots of traffic on this site leading up to season openers, lots of big talk and opinions and then 2 weeks into the season, ghost town.

Harvest threads and live from the stand reports show you who is out hunting...post counts just tell you who's doing the most talking.

you contradict yourself. It's a ghost town because nobody is posting... and judge who is hunting by post count... then say post count shows who is talking?

I'll just speak for myself. But I work a good 40-50 hours a week. I get 3 weeks of vacation. I use at least 5-7 days during hunting season and hunt the weekends. I get my "deer fix" from bs'ing with you guys during the day. I would say that posting via a smartphone in the tree is the minority. My dad and uncles just started using cell phones. Most of them flip phones haha. These guys have forgot more than I know about hunting.