Selfbow harvest

dinorocks

Thought I would share a couple videos that my good friend @OldBrianmade of the deer I harvested the other day as well as the bow I used to harvest it.  Brian is quite the videographer and we have fun putting these together…I hope you enjoy them.  Also, please do not hesitate to ask questions regarding the gear that I make…I would be happy to steer you in the right direction if you were ever interested in making your own archery equipment.  As mentioned in the video, it is extremely satisfying to harvest game with equipment made by your own hands.

Take care, Dino 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Dino, that is  fantastic!!!!! That is all I hunted with till I took up muzzleloading twenty-five years ago. I used Osage mostly fo my bows, white or red ash for my arrow shafting, fletched with turkey or goose feathers and broad heads I forged out of old saw blades. I agree, It is most satisfying. I also make the muzzleloaders I hunt with. I'm in the Avon area if you ever want to jawbone about this stuff.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Robby

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robby said:

Dino, that is  fantastic!!!!! That is all I hunted with till I took up muzzleloading twenty-five years ago. I used Osage mostly fo my bows, white or red ash for my arrow shafting, fletched with turkey or goose feathers and broad heads I forged out of old saw blades. I agree, It is most satisfying. I also make the muzzleloaders I hunt with. I'm in the Avon area if you ever want to jawbone about this stuff.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Robby

Hi Robby-  thanks for your response!  I would love to meet up sometime to chat!  Do you still shoot your selfbows?  We have a “not too formal” primitive rendezvous at my archery club (Hawkeye Bowmen) in April…if interested, I’ll send you details.  Lots of cool events and typically there are bow making clinics.

• Like 1