Remington is finally doing the right thing.

Now maybe. But what about the first time he got elected?

Democrats are known to be pro-union, or at least they buy their votes by promising them kickbacks at taxpayer expense.

I know for sure that CSEA and PEF both refused to endorse him in the last election I'm sure others did as well.

I just can't see any logic in keeping a gun company in NY.  This is a anti-gun state, proven by the safe act and all those horrible guns that are now? Registered?  O wait most of the million or so assault guns are not registered!  So now they are banned?  Somehow I do not feel safer knowing this "Safe Act" has done nothing to improve gun safety.

Remington is being forced out.  Smart sensible and logical.  Don't blame them for going to a more gun friendly environment.  In so far as patriotism look at the communist that is trampling on our second amendment that caused this.  Remington is the victim not the problem. 

• Like 1

Sad we are losing a major manufacturer of firearms in this nanny state. I feel for the employees as well. They are getting shafted, that sucks. Real bad.

I am sure that they had a lobbying component here, that maybe was not that effective with the safe act, but now we will lose that too.

I have always liked Remington and this wont make me stop buying their products,in fact I may be pushed to look at their products first.In this world there will be people that just hate on everything that a company does.My family owns a business that has been in CNY for over 50 years,my grandfather (89 years old) is still active in the day to day operations and says that all the BS that the state hands down these days he is amazed that any big company would come here in the first place.Its to bad because NY is a great place for all the things a sportsman wants and has access to.State lands up the wazoo,great fishing all over the state,liberal bag limits,nice long hunting season and the list can go on and on.But when the state government will go behind closed doors and vote in a midnight law quicker than you can snap your fingers something wrong,they take longer time to decide on the state snack for Christ sake!!! That to me spells hypocrite through and through and you either lay in bed with a government like that or stand up for your rights and belief's!!!!

• Like 1

It is all about money. It has nothing to do with what a company like Remington thinks of the area or the people that work there. It, honestly, is out of their hands.

I don't think Cerberus has sold Freedom Arms yet but remember the threats from the Union pension (Teachers specifically) after Sandy hook that Cerberus dump Freedom Arms or the pension funds get pulled from their investment $$'s. SO the company that owns Remington, Freedom Arms is owned by Cerberus and they have a huge portion of their business in managing some powerful Union pension funds. They are moving to avoid Unions and higher wages and healthcare costs paid leave. I guess if it is their members getting the perky at the benefit of others it is OK but they want their money protected from bloated and outrageous costs of doing business in NY.

The Unions threatened to pull money fro Cerberus over the owning  of a company like Freedom Arms (Remington), why aren't they threatening to pull their pension money over the loss of good union jobs in NY then?

I applaud this article, especially from a reputable magazine. The title is great, the use of the photo from shumar at a gay pride parade is great too.

I noticed the rape whistle around his neck with the Gay Pride lanyard.  I imagine he would blow that whistle if a young lady makes a pass at him.

It's not just impacting the folks in New York:

"The companies being relocated are: Advanced Armament Corp, Lawrenceville, Georgia; Montana Rifleman, Kalispell, Montana; TAPCO, Kennesaw, Georgia; LAR Manufacturing, West Jordan, Utah; 
Para-Ordnance, Pineville, North Carolina; and DPMS, St. Cloud, Minnesota."

From what I read the products they are moving out of NY are the ones NY made "assault weapons."  Maybe they would have to jump through extra hoops to manufacture them in NY now.  Remington in the the one to blame here.  Look a bit more east toward the kingdom.