Made my decision, 2014 Yamaha Viking

So after doing a ton of research and looking around, I decided that a side by side would suit my needs a bit better than a regular wheeler. I have kids, and they love to go do work on the farm and stuff. Putting them on a wheeler is ok, but not very safe or comfortable. I looked around at all of the side by sides out there, and ended up with the Viking and the John Deere Gator 825i as the two to choose between. The Gator is an outsanding machine, with the best options of any side by side IMO, but the price is just too much for me to justify. The Viking, while shorter in capacities and features, does have everything I need, is more fun to drive, and the best part, has 3 legit seats. All seats have seatbelts, hand holds and seperate foot wells, you arent just squeezing someone in. Driving this thing is just plain fun, its a 700cc fuel injected engine out of the Raptor sport quad. It has 4 wheel drive, and a diff lock mode. It uses the same style 2 stage belt drive as the JD. I also ordered a 3000lb Warn winch and 72" plow for the driveway, which will be in within the next couple of weeks. I plan to add an electrical plug for the rear to feed accessories like a sprayer and spreader.

Heres a few pics

1FDD4EA8-68B9-47DD-ACBC-819970E61A2B_zps

725AA822-E2AF-4D73-BDED-DECF2434E256_zps

4164D1F3-F5FE-43F1-8886-39EEE1D1C3AB_zps

C720165D-7BF8-482E-9D72-BE682A88A4CF_zps

CF0F3491-F18B-483B-A6AB-5FF9055C5CD3_zps

• Like 2

I would be taking those plastic doors and side piece near your shoulder off....  maybe leave the passenger side for the kids.

Sweet looking ride.  Did you get a trailer?  If you wanna see how it pulls bring it down Monday... putting in my corn.  You could pull the drags!

Wooly, they do make a stereo setup for it, even a subwoofer. Im sure I could add a Sirius receiver lol.

Larry, Ill take ya for a rip sometime. My back lawn is a little worse for the wear right now hahaha.

WesternNY, I actually like the doors and those side bolsters dont get in my way. I dont have a trailer for it yet. Thats in the works. It will do alot more than just drags haha.

One of the things that was a selling point for me is the integrated 2" receiver in the back. Most of the other side by sides dont come with them, they are optional, and not part of the frame.

Does it fit in the bed of your truck?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It might if i built some ramps to get it over the wheel wells, but then it would sit very high, and would just squeeze in. Im not gonna mess with it. Think i already found a trailer for a song and a dance that will work for now.

Congrats on your purchase, I have a yamaha timberwolf 250 bought in1994 great machine,when not working it seems like I have a broken leg.I use it daily on my dairy farm.  Good luckand have fun with it.   !      :bye:

• Like 1

Yikes!!!! things have come a long way since that first little orange 185 Suzuki that I bought back in the 80's. And then I joined the Yamaha gang and haven't looked back. But obviously I haven't been looking forward either. That thing is a beast. 700 cc's ..... three people across ..... dump box ..... it looks like something I've seen on TV crushing cars .... lol.

But sadly I can never have one. I would have to re-do all my trails to widen them out. Have you considered putting a snow plow on there? It looks like it could do one heck of a job.

• Like 1

Yikes!!!! things have come a long way since that first little orange 185 Suzuki that I bought back in the 80's. And then I joined the Yamaha gang and haven't looked back. But obviously I haven't been looking forward either. That thing is a beast. 700 cc's ..... three people across ..... dump box ..... it looks like something I've seen on TV crushing cars .... lol.

But sadly I can never have one. I would have to re-do all my trails to widen them out. Have you considered putting a snow plow on there? It looks like it could do one heck of a job.

The 72" plow and 3000lb winch will be in within the next week or two.

Yep, shes an animal alright. We had it down to the farm yesterday putting it through its paces. Water crossings, peanut butter like creek beds, super steep ditch crossings and some decent slope hills. Only had to turn on the diff lock once and that was because i tried to take it easier than i should have. I also took her for a few rips down the road. 53mph.