bass opener

critter

My father and I hit the Mighty Niagara River and did real good. We boated 7, the largest being 18". Actually two were about that, one might have been 17.5"

We used soft shell crabs and bass chubs but never caught a single one on the crabs.

Dad doesn't like to hit it too early so we never made our lines wet until about 8:30am. Plenty of other boats were hitting them good too.

All the fish are cleaned and in the fridge. The boat is buttoned up and I'm ready to close my eyes for a half hour or so.........!!

Sounds like you and Dad had a good day, Larry !

I did not do so well on Keuka today..Fishing was tough, probably due to the cold front.

My partner and I boated only ONE legal bass ( about 14") and a few perch and pickerel.

Two of my buddies did better..They only caught 4 keepers, but they were all big fish, the smallest being around 3 lb. and the biggest a 5 lb. 5 oz HAWG...

All fish were caught on 1/16 and 1/8 oz. black jigs..

Well had a good not so good vacation with the family, to start the trip we left on Wednesday the 18th but Tuesday night had a big storm come threw and trees down all over the place ended up sitting on the road for 1 1/2 hrs while the power company put in a new pole and pulled the primaries out of the road. Around 1:30 pm finally get to Stillwater and to our camp site and get all set up and it rains the rest of the day in to the night what a wonderful start.

On Thursday we all went out fishing and could not get anything to bite all day trying rubber bait trolling bait and minnows so we called it quits and waited for dark where the action happened we had a really good night with the bull head ended up with enough to make a meal for the 6 of us.

Now for the real bad part Friday morning we had a visit from the ranger with news from the kennel where are dogs were that are beloved basset hound had passed away during the night at the young age of 8 years we were crushed and to tell this news to my boys who loved him so was even worse, so on that note we ended our vacation to lay our family member to rest but not to forget him.

• Like 1

Well had a good not so good vacation with the family, to start the trip we left on Wednesday the 18th but Tuesday night had a big storm come threw and trees down all over the place ended up sitting on the road for 1 1/2 hrs while the power company put in a new pole and pulled the primaries out of the road. Around 1:30 pm finally get to Stillwater and to our camp site and get all set up and it rains the rest of the day in to the night what a wonderful start.

On Thursday we all went out fishing and could not get anything to bite all day trying rubber bait trolling bait and minnows so we called it quits and waited for dark where the action happened we had a really good night with the bull head ended up with enough to make a meal for the 6 of us.

Now for the real bad part Friday morning we had a visit from the ranger with news from the kennel where are dogs were that are beloved basset hound had passed away during the night at the young age of 8 years we were crushed and to tell this news to my boys who loved him so was even worse, so on that note we ended our vacation to lay our family member to rest but not to forget him.

Wow, what a trip! 

So sorry about the pooch.  Will you get a new one?

Wow, what a trip! 

So sorry about the pooch.  Will you get a new one?

we have a blue tic still but we will always have two dogs, my wife has always wanted another beagle so when the time is right we will get another dog