weather

Mikejd

For the guys living out in the central part of the state. How has the weather been. Wet? I think its been pretty dry so far. Just curios as to how the nesting birds are making out.

I dont live were I hunt so I usually try to keep track of the weather through out the nesting months. I have fallen a bit behind. Just wondering how its looking.

Predominantly Dry in 7j for the past 2 weeks...every 3rd or 4th day a shower or tstorm and that is the extended forecast through July 4.

Great for treating my deck with deckover and thompsons on the railings, great for lakeside...fingers crossed its enough to keep my plots lush and green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

I saw on the news yesterday that rainfall totals for WNY throughout May were slightly below normal.... somewhere in the 3" range.

I only remember one real good soaker the entire month, and a few pop-up showers that kept things from getting too crunchy.

I found two raided nests early in the season, and two hens sitting on nests full of eggs the last week and a half.

Those areas in eastern-western NY got blasted with rain a couple weeks ago.  Plenty of cold weather accompanied the heavy rain.

I know from news reports that some areas in the Finger Lakes got better than 5" of rain in a couple days.

If the fawns and poults can avoid the mighty mowers on the tractors, the weather swings and the predators they'll have it made..........UGGH!!!!

Oh is that all. Piece of cake.

Edited by Mikejd