Not so sure about the NRA

I got a call recently from them asking for $500.  I told them I'm already a life member and with a new born to support, I can't contribute much.  Eventually, after talking it down, I gave them $100 donation.

A few weeks passed, they called again.  I told them I had just given them $100 recently and that's all I can give.  "How about "$200 then?"..""No"..."How about $75 then?"..."No"..."How about $50 then?".... 

A month or so passed and they called me again!  This time, I was a little more stern.  I said I told them they had already called me, I gave them $100.  They called me back again, I told them no and now you're calling me again.  I am not giving any more.

I expect I will receive another call very soon.

• Like 1

I got a call recently from them asking for $500.  I told them I'm already a life member and with a new born to support, I can't contribute much.  Eventually, after talking it down, I gave them $100 donation.

A few weeks passed, they called again.  I told them I had just given them $100 recently and that's all I can give.  "How about "$200 then?"..""No"..."How about $75 then?"..."No"..."How about $50 then?".... 

A month or so passed and they called me again!  This time, I was a little more stern.  I said I told them they had already called me, I gave them $100.  They called me back again, I told them no and now you're calling me again.  I am not giving any more.

Same thing has happens to me…Only they have me down as two different people. They got me as me, and as another person at the same address with the last name spelled with only the first two letters of my last name..?? I have been trying to set them straight for about 3 years now, but to no avail. Needless to say, I get twice the amount of calls…….

Did they offer you a useless hat or bag too? I am a life member also they call constantly. 

I think we've got some internal house-cleaning that's in order. I have kind of had a bit of a problem with their fund-raising techniques for quite some time. At this point, I no longer am cordial about my responses. If the first no is not accepted, it gets very unfriendly after that point. I am concerned that some of their pressure techniques are driving members away.

• Like 1

Did they offer you a useless hat or bag too? I am a life member also they call constantly. 

the crap they send as a gift is embarrassing..........they should save that money, and the money they waste on sending junk mail to people who are already members, on educating and recruiting non-members..as for the phone calls? I just hang up at this point.

• Like 3

PM me your number......... :biggrin:

• Like 2

Your talking about Kathy Hochul.    We'll  chew on this friends, The Erie County Chapter of Scope give her an A+ rating and said and I quote, " She is a friend of the Second Amendment.  They endorsed her  when she ran back in 2010 for the 26th district seat in a special lop sided election that was held. When she was Erie County Clerk, she was to speed up pistol permits down from the 12 to 18 month waiting period, by having reps. at area gun shows. I don't know if this ever happen. Scope went all " gun hoe" over that deal also.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

Well, before we get all super-upset, can anybody show me any anti-gun legislation that she has supported? Can we find a link to any anti-gun comments that she has made? Is there anything that says that she has changed her position on any aspect of gun control? Yes, she has accepted a nomination in the Cuomo administration, and it occurs to me that the choice may have been a concession to the pressure that Cuomo is feeling from gun owners. Did he choose her because her philosophies on gun control match his, or was the choice because they don't and he is hoping to win back some of the gun owners because of that?

Now to be practical about it all, I have to ask why anyone would be concerned about a Lieutenant Governor candidate anyway. Is anyone able to point to the last meaningful act that any Lieutenant Governor has made for or against any gun issue, or any issue at all for that matter? Tell me what earth shattering impact that Bob Duffy had on anything.

So first of all, there is nothing that says that Hochul has changed her mind on anything, and even if she did, is that going to make her anymore relevant as Lieutenant Governor? 

Your talking about Kathy Hochul.    We'll  chew on this friends, The Erie County Chapter of Scope give her an A+ rating and said and I quote, " She is a friend of the Second Amendment.  They endorsed her  when she ran back in 2010 for the 26th district seat in a special lop sided election that was held. When she was Erie County Clerk, she was to speed up pistol permits down from the 12 to 18 month waiting period, by having reps. at area gun shows. I don't know if this ever happen. Scope went all " gun hoe" over that deal also.

I know it is awfully far fetched but maybe Kathy Hochul can talk some sense into numb-nuts after she's in the mix for a bit......................

Well, before we get all super-upset, can anybody show me any anti-gun legislation that she has supported? Can we find a link to any anti-gun comments that she has made? Is there anything that says that she has changed her position on any aspect of gun control? Yes, she has accepted a nomination in the Cuomo administration, and it occurs to me that the choice may have been a concession to the pressure that Cuomo is feeling from gun owners. Did he choose her because her philosophies on gun control match his, or was the choice because they don't and he is hoping to win back some of the gun owners because of that?

Now to be practical about it all, I have to ask why anyone would be concerned about a Lieutenant Governor candidate anyway. Is anyone able to point to the last meaningful act that any Lieutenant Governor has made for or against any gun issue, or any issue at all for that matter? Tell me what earth shattering impact that Bob Duffy had on anything.

So first of all, there is nothing that says that Hochul has changed her mind on anything, and even if she did, is that going to make her anymore relevant as Lieutenant Governor?

I agree with your first point.

On the second point...do you remember who your last governor was and how he got there?

Patterson was a terrible leader during one of the State/Nation/World's worst economic periods in recent history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now to be practical about it all, I have to ask why anyone would be concerned about a Lieutenant Governor candidate anyway. Is anyone able to point to the last meaningful act that any Lieutenant Governor has made for or against any gun issue, or any issue at all for that matter? Tell me what earth shattering impact that Bob Duffy had on anything.

So first of all, there is nothing that says that Hochul has changed her mind on anything, and even if she did, is that going to make her anymore relevant as Lieutenant Governor? 

Flip Flop!

My how fast politicians can change their minds, these days.

Yep, I agree. How important is Lt. Governor anyway, and then their  was Patterson.

Little thing in the news recently about the NSA illegally spying, collating info and making their own databases. This information is not safe or exclusive anymore.Bet on it.

The gun database was already released for pistol license holders and its available in an excel file for all to see on the web with your full name and address.  Unfortunately its public information.  

Now that info is also neatly mapped out on google maps as well.  So no, I don't have a problem with the NRA having the same info that every other guy can have with a simple google search.

• Like 1

And of course that implies to you also support the NRA selling that info on to 2nd and 3rd party advertisers and or governmental agencies.Thomas Pain would be proud.

I don't support everything the NRA does including that.

However, the info is freely available on the web. If it was private information that was supposed to remain as such I'd have a big problem with it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Flip Flop!

My how fast politicians can change their minds, these days.

Yep, I agree. How important is Lt. Governor anyway, and then their  was Patterson.

From what I have read about the Hochul position on gun control, it sounds like we would be extremely lucky if she happened to replace Cuomo for any reason like the Patterson inheritance to the throne occurred. That's why I asked what kinds of quotes, news reports, or voting records anyone has come across that really indicates that her attitude on guns has changed one bit. I think I would take Hochul over Cuomo, and an awful lot of other Democrats and Republicans too, for that matter, any day of the week. Perhaps it would be another opportunity to get a pro-gun governor.