Not so sure about the NRA

Higher membership in the NRA in NY probably would have prevented passage of the SAFE Act.  But alas, that is not going to change in NY.  Gun rights are not important enough to deal with a few phone calls and requests for support when they are needed.  Self centered, cheap and lazy would be the way to describe gun owners in this state.

Higher membership in the NRA in NY probably would have prevented passage of the SAFE Act.  But alas, that is not going to change in NY.  Gun rights are not important enough to deal with a few phone calls and requests for support when they are needed.  Self centered, cheap and lazy would be the way to describe gun owners in this state.

Please explain how it would have changed it.  I doubt you can or will.  I am sure it si much more fun to belittle and tell others how cheap and lazy they are.  

I was hoping that the conversation would not be interrupted by the two members of the Terry Nichols and Tim McVeigh fan club with their delusional nonsense and constant attempts at sidetracking every discussion to their twisted versions of America bashing. But alas the usual attempts at hijacking topics is visited on us once again.

That's because you ask for it.  

Politicians fear the votes the NRA controls.  NY doesn't have enough NRA members to make Cuomo nervous.  Does that simple explanation answer it for you?

Damn you guys are dumb

I was hoping that the conversation would not be interrupted by the two members of the Terry Nichols and Tim McVeigh fan club with their delusional nonsense and constant attempts at sidetracking every discussion to their twisted versions of America bashing. But alas the usual attempts at hijacking topics is visited on us once again.

Doc, you hope for a lot of things.  

1)  They won't happen.  

2) Your feeble attempts, or complete lack of awareness is why they won't.

I notice you tend to use the same tactics that Leftist Progressive Liberals employ when dealing with opponents that you cannot intelligently debate.  Demonize their character, however dishonestly, to get the sheep to follow you and fear the opponents.

Neither I, nor Papist, have ever proposed any violence in dealing with the government or it's attacks on US citizens, unless the violence starts with them.  That's a God given right to self defense.

We are not bashing America.  We both love America and what it is supposed to be.  We do NOT love the government that has turned on us and is leading this country to disaster and demise.  We are bashing idiots that have no clue what it takes to keep our liberties and Constitutional rights.

Entering a post with a dissenting opinion is hijacking your thread?  Why not just advocate abolishing the 1st Amendment, while you willingly surrender the 2nd, 4th and for that matter, the Bill of Rights in total.

When it comes to rights, you guys are certainly not the "Dream Team" gun owners would chose to defend them.

The only tactics I use is calling things the way I see them. I have listened to the two of you bad-mouthing my country to the point of absolute disgust. At some point someone has to say that enough is enough. And that is the point where I am at right now. The constant whining and carping with absolutely no direction toward solution is the position of cowards and is truly getting stale and repetitious along with your rude denigration of the entire forum membership at every opportunity.

As far as demonizing your character, You guys do a fine job of that all by yourselves. Your McVeigh/Nichols rhetoric demonstrates your character quite clearly.

The only tactics I use is calling things the way I see them. I have listened to the two of you bad-mouthing my country to the point of absolute disgust. At some point someone has to say that enough is enough. And that is the point where I am at right now. The constant whining and carping with absolutely no direction toward solution is the position of cowards and is truly getting stale and repetitious along with your rude denigration of the entire forum membership at every opportunity.

As far as demonizing your character, You guys do a fine job of that all by yourselves. Your McVeigh/Nichols rhetoric demonstrates your character quite clearly.

You see things through biased eyes, to put it nicely.  You have never heard either of us bad mouth the country, just the idiot electorate and the government they support!  You are too dense to see the direction indicated by others, because you are blinded by hate towards dissent with your elitist view of "solutions".  

My assessment of the NY gun owner is not denigration, it's conclusion.  And that's based on their past practices and current direction.  Even this thread mocks the one organization that might help to change the situation in NY, as far as gun rights are concerned.

You trash the character of people who "offend" your ego with the truth.  You sir, are the one who's radical and a threat to this country with your desire to squash other opinions with mockery.

Would you disagree with any of this?

Recall that Hillary did her college thesis on his writings and Obama writes about him in his books.

Saul Alinsky died about 43 years ago, but his writings influenced those in political control of our nation today.

Saul David Alinsky, a writer, was an American community organizer and writer. He is generally considered to be the founder of the modern community organizing movement. He is most noted for his book Rules for Radicals.

Died: June 12, 1972, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA

Education: University of Chicago

Spouse: Irene Alinsky

Books: Rules for Radicals, Reveille for Radicals

Anyone out there think that this stuff isn't happening today in the U.S.?

All eight rules are currently in play.

How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:

There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.

1) Healthcare– Control healthcare and you control the people.

2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control– Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives. (Food, Housing, and Income)

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of 

what children learn in school.

7) Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will

cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States?

Don't lump true American Patriots in with the likes of idiots like Nichols and McVeigh.

You see things through biased eyes, to put it nicely.  You have never .....blah ....blah .... blah .....opinions with mockery.

I already stated my opinion of your McVeigh/Nichols rhetoric, and there is nothing here that changes any of it.

We can only hope ....... or get Rob Astorino in for Governor

These should get reversed when it comes to priority. Cuomo would be her boss and still the one pushing things and signing things into law. Not a good situation regardless of her stance. Don't mean to rail this post but we all have to realize you'd still be voting for Cuomo. Astorino for governor or turn in your guns now.

NRA is big org so it's flawed by nature in some ways but it's still a helping hand in the fight. We need all the help we can get. They unknowingly helped Kristen gillibrand get elected to where she is now and out of this gun toting county. It's in the past though. Resentment toward her still runs deep in this county. We move on and look toward the task at hand which is voting Cuomo out and not voting for anyone who may or not have fooled us in the past.

NRA is big org so it's flawed by nature in some ways but it's still a helping hand in the fight. We need all the help we can get. They unknowingly helped Kristen gillibrand get elected to where she is now and out of this gun toting county. It's in the past though. Resentment toward her still runs deep in this county. We move on and look toward the task at hand which is voting Cuomo out and not voting for anyone who may or not have fooled us in the past.

I don't think the NRA is advocating voting for the Cuomo/Hochul ticket....lol. I don't know about anyone else, but my vote is aimed for or against the top end of the ticket since that is the power end of either team. But, I believe the OP was regarding the NRA's past acknowledgement of Hochul's record and attitude toward gun ownership. If that attitude changes, then I'm sure the NRA will change as well. Anyone have any evidence that her attitude has changed?

Her attitude will not change until after the election.  My point is he is trying to buy votes with a perceived gun supporter at his side.  However in her records she was a strong supporter of the safe act.  To me that speaks volumes over the NRA rating.  Just saying the NRa should consider changing it so it does not hurt the election. 

Her attitude will not change until after the election.  My point is he is trying to buy votes with a perceived gun supporter at his side.  However in her records she was a strong supporter of the safe act.  To me that speaks volumes over the NRA rating.  Just saying the NRa should consider changing it so it does not hurt the election. 

That is the thing I can find no documentation on. As a U.S. rep, there is nothing that I can find that talks about her involvement in a state law ... specifically the Safe Act. So, I am not sure that the NRA has any basis for changing her rating. I think that everything in the public record shows her to still be pro-gun.

This should all be a non-issue for anyone NOT voting for Cuomo... even if I liked her I wouldn't vote for him... so it matters little to me... as for the original post... the NRA gave her a score based on her track record which has been great in past years... she has been very pro gun.

• Like 1

This should all be a non-issue for anyone NOT voting for Cuomo... even if I liked her I wouldn't vote for him... so it matters little to me... as for the original post... the NRA gave her a score based on her track record which has been great in past years... she has been very pro gun.

Thank you ..... That was exactly the point that I was stumbling around, trying to make in a not-so-clear fashion.

the Lt. Governor is a lame duck position unless something should happen to the Governor.....please don't vote based on her beliefs, the chances of her having any effect on Cuomo's position is slim to none. 

the Lt. Governor is a lame duck position unless something should happen to the Governor.....please don't vote based on her beliefs, the chances of her having any effect on Cuomo's position is slim to none. 

Unless he gets elected governor and decides to step down from his position to run for Pres. in 2016. Then she would be our new Governor... whether I liked her or not makes no difference because I will never vote for him.

The very fact that she has accepted the offer from Cuomo, knowing his complete anti-gun stance, makes her motives, as well as integrity, suspect.  I believe the phrase is, "Offering Aid And Comfort To The Enemy".