I need help with finding a place to hunt whitetail!!?

whitetailhunter

I am looking for a place that i can have a good hunt with a good shot opportunity with some pretty good sized deer to see!

I have been on www.wotohunts.com if anyone knows anything about them?  Information would be appreciated, i have seen thier website but also would like someone elses opion!

thanks!

• Like 1

http://www.kosterfarmshuntingclub.com/

A friend and I went here in 2004,we both had at least a dozen deer that were 130+ within 50 yards during our trip.I had one at 35 yard(couldnt get a shot)that was later killed that measured 174 and my friend had one that was around the same size to early to shoot.I would/will go back to big Johns place as soon as I want to go on another whitetail hunt.Let me know and I will answer any questions you have.Great hunt,great place and plenty of big deer!!

• 4 weeks later...

Might I suggest my guide service for a low cost deer hunting experience. While Vermont has a low minimum antler restriction of 2 points on one side, many great young bucks in the 4-6 point 2.5 year old age group as well as some great eating Doe's to take home too. Many bucks are shot in the 100-120 inch class weighing in excess of 200lbs each season in the Champlain Valley.While there are always many great 8+ point bucks on camera, it is hunting, you never know what is going to pass the stand or blind. Vermont would be on your list for a fun place to enjoy deer hunting, more to fill the freezer and enjoy the hunt than to put a 150" trophy on the wall.

www.whitetailstrategies.net

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service

Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide

• Like 1

http://www.kosterfarmshuntingclub.com/

A friend and I went here in 2004,we both had at least a dozen deer that were 130+ within 50 yards during our trip.I had one at 35 yard(couldnt get a shot)that was later killed that measured 174 and my friend had one that was around the same size to early to shoot.I would/will go back to big Johns place as soon as I want to go on another whitetail hunt.Let me know and I will answer any questions you have.Great hunt,great place and plenty of big deer!!

That's an extremely reasonably priced hunt. There are some out there for $5k+ for fair-chase.

If your willing to spend big money (probably close to $10K) and willing to wait a few years, this place is known as being one of the best (if not the best) in the business right now > http://www.huntthehashknife.com/

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

the only places that are $10K (or even close to that) are canned hunts for farmed deer where you pay by the inch.  I am not slandering that, to each their own.

There are some unbelievable hunting areas / outfitters in North America with access to some of the best habitat known to Whitetail and they average between $3,500 - $4,500.  That includes IL, IA, SK, etc.

When you say "reasonable," that is a broad statement.  I think $4,000 is reasonable given the world class outfits they run.  Some other people may think that is unreasonable. 

Just betware if it gets over $5,000....something is wrong....

the only places that are $10K (or even close to that) are canned hunts for farmed deer where you pay by the inch.  I am not slandering that, to each their own.

Not true. Hashknife is fair-chase, no fences and probably somewhere close to $10K, with a waitlist of several years.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Not true. Hashknife is fair-chase, no fences and probably somewhere close to $10K, with a waitlist of several years.

I wasn't trying to imply that ALL high price hunts were.  My apologies.  My experience is that MOST are.  Not sure how Hashknife justifies those prices as there are world class hunting opportunities on world class properties with 150" average and deer 180" - 200" around that typically run $3,500 - $4,500.  Not sure why someone would pay $10 vs. $4,500 for the exact same caliber deer?

I looked at their website.  Looks like a nice place.  Again, not saying anything negative about it.

I would imagine the 10k price reflects more the exclusively and lack of permitted hunters rather than the quality of deer there are other places that you can find large deer.

Hey entertain 25 hunters at 10k versus 50 at 5k

I would imagine the 10k price reflects more the exclusively and lack of permitted hunters rather than the quality of deer there are other places that you can find large deer.

Hey entertain 25 hunters at 10k versus 50 at 5k

True but I doubt they even take 10 hunters per year. Thy don't even allow gun hinters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Okay so im paying for the fact they wanna run a hunting ranch but not "really wanna run a hunting ranch"

Like opening an amusement park and charging 100k admission "but sir only 2 people a year are permitted to get in" makes ya feel special :)

I am looking for a place that i can have a good hunt with a good shot opportunity with some pretty good sized deer to see!

I have been on www.wotohunts.com if anyone knows anything about them?  Information would be appreciated, i have seen thier website but also would like someone elses opion!

thanks!

So is the rest of North America, LOL.