Best Hunting Boots

I would say right now its between the mucks and the Lacrosse AeroHead's. Both excellent boots if you are looking for high boots. Not really sure about regular boots but i bought a pair of field and stream boots from dicks last year and they are the most comfortable boots i have ever owned. I tried on every boot they had and the field and streams were the most comfortable. Used them all shed season and put on about 70 miles and they are still like brand new.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20720806&cp=4406646.4413874.12019863.4414467.12926833

John

Edited by mbucks27

I really like my mucks.  Very comfortable.  They only last 2-3 seasons though, but that's long enough.  The neoprene uppers tend to get holes from thorns, etc.  If you are not hunting swamp land requiring high boots, I love my danners.    The Lacrosse were really hard for me to put on and take off, but I have big wide feet.

• Like 1

I really like my mucks.  Very comfortable.  They only last 2-3 seasons though, but that's long enough.  The neoprene uppers tend to get holes from thorns, etc.  If you are not hunting swamp land requiring high boots, I love my danners.    The Lacrosse were really hard for me to put on and take off, but I have big wide feet.

LOL...Me too, except I have SHORT wide feet...My ex wife used to call 'em DUCK feet...

Back to the subject, I have had good luck with Muck boots...I they last me about 3 seasons and I put a lot of miles on them.

For lightweight hiking type boots in relatively dry conditions, I currently have a pair of Rockies..They have been a good boot so far, light and comfortable. I plan to use them in Colorado this year for my mule deer hunt.

Am I the only one that has multiple pairs of hunting boots? Muck boots for most of archery and then when it gets colder I switch to the Frankenstein rocky boots, they are warm as heck but because the are so big they make a heck of a racket walking in them.

Lacrosse camo uninsulated rubber and Cabela's 800 lined camo rubber boots here. Depending on the weather I'll wear either. I've worn my 800's in single degree temps all day in my climber with a single pair of Smartwool socks with no problems. Keep in mind that if you are hiking in heavy lined boots your feet may sweat, then you're done . Sometimes it's better to pack in your sitting boots.  I've had both pairs forever. 

you will probably want to have multiple styles as some have mentioned. the rubber Mucks have their use depending on season and terrain. the LaCrosse tend to run pretty snug so if you going to use when its colder with thick socks, stay with the Mucks or Cabelas Duratrax.

For other 8"-10" high options try on as many as possible different brands and styles b/c they are all a little different depending your own foot and whether they are uninsulated or have 800-2000 grams of insul. 

i currently have Mucks. and as mentioned they have torn in certain areas and i believe they may be leaking from the bottom or my feet just sweat that much. I do prefer rubber boots because i don't want to have to worry about my feet getting wet, although i don't  typically hunt in or around water you just never know where you might trek during a day of hunting. Also i use a climber so having large 2,000 gram boots is not an option, cinder blocks on my feet make for hard and noisy climbing...

I too have MANY pairs of hunting boots as my wife reminds me when i complain about her shoe fetish.  However my go to's are 400gr Rocky's when its dry out, Lacross neoprene when its wet or going through swamps, and back to a pair of big bulky Rocky's when the temps drop.  I have a pair of the Thermacell heated insoles and my suggestion is not to waste the money.  Mine were give too me or I would not have them.  The biggest misconception with them is that they are not meant to warm your feet.  They are meant to maintain a temperature.  In other words you cannot turn them on when you get cold you need to tun them on when you stop moving.  I found it just as easy to purchase the toe or foot warmers from Grabber.

It really depends on what you are hunting and how. For turkey and bow I like rubber, the last couple years I've been using the Alpha Mudlite's; I have the snake boot version because I take them down south in the spring for turkeys. If I'm tracking deer in the Adirondacks it's hard to beat a pair of uninsulated Bean boots. If it's tree stand hunting in late November or December I want the warmest pair of pac boots I can find.

For wet/damp weather, LL Bean Maine hunting boots. 

• Rubber bottom
  • Leather uppers
  • full bellows tongue
  • thinsulate lining
  • gore-tex lining

Have had mine for 20 years.  They need to be re-soled. Tread is almost non-existent at this point.

Just don't kick with them, too soft.

They are quiet to walk in.

I have tried way too many boots over the years. I like the rubber boots for bow season for the scent control, plus where I hunt the is always water to deal with. The problem is most rubber boots lack in proper support and I get heel spur flare ups. I tried the high top side zipper insulated boots from Irish setter but they leaked.Even though they were "100%" waterproof. I have 8" rocky 400 gram camo boots usually use during turkey season but they didn't hold up and they leak.  Plus no matter what I try when I stand hunt my feet get cold after 2-3 hour sit. I usually use foot and toe warmers from grabber, tried light socks under wool socks, nothing seems to work. Can't fix poor circulation.  

I may have to try the maine boot.How are they for warmth?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=Maine+Hunting+Shoes&mkwid=sVNzwNcmH_dc&pcrid=53955441973&pkw=l.l.%20bean%20maine%20hunting%20shoe&pmt=e&qs=3091739_google

I'd look elsewhere unless you're ok with horrible support, cold feet and fast wearing, slick soles. The chain tread is a joke.

If you have any foot problems, avoid them as their support is/was terrible.

I've had three pairs of the uninsulated examples (long gone after MULTIPLE resole jobs) and one (still have) insulated pac boot that I've had for at least 25 years.  Only time I wear them now is to get the newspaper on Sundays............... B) 

LOTS of better choices in footwear today, IMO. 

I have been hunting in a pair of Cabelas comfort track 2000 boots for the last 4 years. Best boots I have ever owned. My days of cold feet are gone on those late season gun or muzzleloader gun hunts when it is cold. During archery if it is warm I will just wear a pair of ankle socks. Feet don't sweat or get overly hot. I bought a second pair of these a few years ago when I saw they were on sale. They are still in the box waiting to replace the current ones when they need to be retired. Best boot I have ever owned.

An area you don't skimp on....cold, wet feet means hunts over! Rubber is best for sent control and the LaCross 3mm good for early and 7mm for the cold are priced right and get awesome reviews! I own Mucks for shed hunting, trail cam checks, stand and blind prep and own a of Cabelas 1400 Still hunters when in the blind or stand. A little bulky for being stealth and quiet on the walk in and definitely not a spot and stalk boot for sure but this will be 4th season and they work great! I just picked up a lighter boot with a $40 pair of Arcticshield boot covers! (Wife saw the article I had read and got them for me, great woman!) Fit in the pack neatly and have heard nothing but great stuff....the article was from a hunter in WI forgot his boots (????) and had the shields in his truck, wore over his sneakers on an all day stand hunt in 26 degree day....didn't do a hard sell trying to push them but did say it saved his hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Have worn both LaCrosse Burly and Muck boots, they both have their own advantages. The Burly's the sole will weardown fast and the Muck boots will snag and tear a hole in the neoprene shaft easily. I wear the same boots doing chores on my dairy farm as I do hunting the manure odor makes a good cover scent.  Try on several varieties and see which feel the most comfortable and fits your budget. :bye: