Best Hunting Boots

I started out with Rocky boots, but they leaked. Tried 2 sets of Cabelas Comfort Trac 2000gr thinsulate, but each pair only lasted 2 seasons before they started leaking at the seams. Switched to Muck Artic Pro boots, but after 2 seasons, I got a couple of tears in the neoprene uppers! Need to buy my son another pair of boots soon, but won't be buying Mucks, after mine tore so easily. Gonna try Lacrosse AlphaBurly Pro's  http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/80166?feat=Lacrosse%20Hunting%20Boots-SR0&page=lacrosse-alphaburly-pro-boots-thinsulate-1600g&attrValue_0=Realtree%20X-Tra&productId=1333467

For bow, which for me is relatively short walks to and from a stand, I use kamik boots from cabelas. They are cheap. Like 30 or 40 dollars cheap, comfortable and do the job.

For rifle, hunting mountains and walking most of the time I have the meindl perfekts also from cabelas. Great boots, tad heavy, but that's if I'm being real picky.

As mentioned, different boots for different applications. No question about it. Is it hunting season yet? Starting to get that twitch.

I fell in love with my Muck Arctic Pros.  My feet always get cold but I was very surprised how these boots kept them warm.  I always use toe warmers as a standard when the temp drops.  Last year in Missouri I even survived -20 days while wearing them. 

I started out with Rocky boots, but they leaked. Tried 2 sets of Cabelas Comfort Trac 2000gr thinsulate, but each pair only lasted 2 seasons before they started leaking at the seams. Switched to Muck Artic Pro boots, but after 2 seasons, I got a couple of tears in the neoprene uppers! Need to buy my son another pair of boots soon, but won't be buying Mucks, after mine tore so easily. Gonna try Lacrosse AlphaBurly Pro's  http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/80166?feat=Lacrosse%20Hunting%20Boots-SR0&page=lacrosse-alphaburly-pro-boots-thinsulate-1600g&attrValue_0=Realtree%20X-Tra&productId=1333467

My dad has a pair of Alpha Burly's first goose hunt and second time wearing them I put a corn stalk through the upper part of the boot. I tried Rocky rubber boots and they were literally the worse I've ever owned and lasted around a month. Have Muck Wetlands now we'll see how they fare.

3 years ago I needed a new pair of hunting boots. Low on funds I bought the cheapest leather goretex boots(iron ridge) they sold($100 then,maybe a little more now). They have turned out to be one of the best under$200 boot I have bought to date. They are still waterproof and useable except for the lack of tread. I ussualy wear a boot out in 1-2 years.

I had some Field & Stream boots and in three years they cracked ............ Considering getting a pair of Muck Boots .

Mine cracked sooner then that. I got a little more life out of then, using shoe goop, but…..they suck. Lacross is an excellent rubber boot. I have a pair that are at least 15 years old and they are just starting to crack. As far a leather boots go, Im a big fan of Danner (USA). Pricy but will last and last. Danner will even resole and recondition their old boots. Not free but cheaper than buying a new pair.

I have had a pair of 1000 gram Herman Survivor hunting boots for 10 or more years now. Keep me feet warm sitting all day in single digits to below digits. Comfortable and easy to walk in.Bought them for $80 at walmart. Still water proof and just as warm as when new. I have a pair of Lacrosse rubber 3mm boots for turkey hunting have had the for about 4 years no problems yet. I know a few guys who like the Muck boots but they buy a new pair every yera because they tear too easy when walking through rough stuff. No clue why they like buying boots every year and they always need extra heavy socks and foot warmers to keep warm.If I buy a pair of boots to keep feet warm I shouldn't need to buy special socks or slip in warmers. If boots do not work I get different boots. Have tried Muck boots and didn't like the fact that I could feel the floor I was walking on like I was barefoot. Put them back on shelf and got the Lacrosse.

I was a dyed in the wool Lacrosse hunter, until three years ago when I got a pair of Mucks. Now I'm all about the Muck boots.

Same here. I never got more than one season out of Lacrosse or any other rubber boot. I tried Muck and found I get 2-3 seasons out of a pair. More comfortable too.

• Like 1