Another whatizzit pic?

philoshop

post-4931-0-68244100-1404845135_thumb.jp

post-4931-0-10883500-1404845170_thumb.jp

Only shot I got of it.

I won't even mention what it looks like to me, because I really want some fresh eyes on it before I come to a conclusion. 

Hopefully it's one of those wineglass/two faces kinds of thing and I'm just not seeing it right. Otherwise :fie:

I want to say chuppra cobra, but you don't normally find them this far north. So my other guess would be a big beaver, but they usually show up black in color on a distant photo. This is fairly light brown in color. What is the surrounding area made up of?

Funny thing......I saw a very similar looking creature last Sunday on the way home from Point Breeze.  I hit the breaks but didn't stop.  My wife was already pizzed at me for some reason that escapes me now and that might have sent her over the edge. :biggrin:

But I really did see something like that and I don't know WTH it was.  Leaning towards weird ass woodchuck??

Thanks folks!

The nearest body of water is Seneca lake, about 300 yards from there across a busy highway, so beaver or muskrat don't quite seem right. I've never seen them dead along the road. If it's a woodchuck, it's the biggest one I've ever seen! And he's sportin' quite a tail too.

I was hoping somebody would say it was maybe a fawn lying down, or two of whatever, or something else my brain's not letting me see.

I've been here for about 4 yrs, and gotten thousands of trailcam pics in that area. This one's got me stumped.

Tail looks a bit long for a woodchuck, which is why I was leaning towards muskrat.  A better pic would make it a bit easier.

If the pic was from Louisiana, it could be a nutria.  Nutria are smaller than a beaver and about the size of a groundhog/woodchuck, but with a longer tail than the woodchuck.

http://nutria.com

your right ny hunter, that's not a tail, looks like a stick.  Head looks like pig.  If you blow it up and look close at the right leg area, almost looks like a beaver tail pointed straight at the camera.  Sooo......I don't know!