How do you feel about your bow season

noodle one

Probably a 3?  Could have killed this dumb little spike about a dozen times, and some doe, but that is pretty much it.

The way I look at it is, it isn't over, still time after gun and they'll be settled back down by then.

But between the late rut and the warm weather the one week, not a great year.  Taking a snap shot at a fisher who's been killing my Aunt's fowl was the only shot I took.

I would have to give it a 9 because the curse continues for the last 10 yrs on shooting a good buck with the bow but it was one of my best seasons out yet with last yr being the worst. Passed on numerous small eight's, sixes, a few fours and a couple of spikes. Had a monster 10 point at 40 yrds that wouldn't get any closer and ended up shooting an eight in the 120's to low and just getting a little white hair. Next yr hopefully the curse will be broken.

Maybe a six? I actually shot a 150-inch buck the first week of season...kinda stupid'd into him, actually, five minutes into the stand...so I was looking for a doe the rest of the season. It takes the edge off, which in my mind is unfortunate. And from there out, the deer were not nearly as plentiful as I've seen in the past. Couple of crotchety fours passed by the stand, numerous small does and buttons, and one big doe that I hit but didn't recover. It was the strangest thing, she bucked three times, went thirty yards and lay down like she was dead. Ten minutes later she raised her head, spun a couple of drunk circles and went onto the neighbor's property. After I got permission to track her, my buddy and I followed the blood trail 200 yards til it petered out. Go figure.

Anyway, points added for the good buck, and detracted for a general lack of deer and a lost doe. I enjoyed the time in the stand, but it also seemed like when I had time to get out, the weather wasn't cooperating.

10.5. got my first deer ever this season during archery. Problem is i was joking with everyone and said if i got my first deer with a bow, id buy a new bow because mines pretty old, but now that ive gotten one i dont really want to spend any $$$ lmao