What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

4 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Watching the NFL is very very conflicted for me. While I don’t disagree with what you said. My father and uncle who both served in the Marines in the mid 70’s both say they served for their right to protest. They don’t feel disrespected at all by it while I don’t necessarily see it that way but I never served either.

Now to get away from the political BS that I don’t enjoy. Thanks that stud was my first ever wall hanger back in 2018 after hunting for 21 years plus or minus.

To make up for the distraction I’ll post my loaded nacho dinner when it gets cooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont mean any disrespect,  I grew up bouncing on my dads knee when Phil simms took the giants all the way. It was in my blood. Its the money thing too, I cant relate to the wealth squandered on unpatriotic bums. I also think its tough to give up sundays.... especially in the rut. 

I dont mean any disrespect,  I grew up bouncing on my dads knee when Phil simms took the giants all the way. It was in my blood. Its the money thing too, I cant relate to the wealth squandered on unpatriotic bums. I also think its tough to give up sundays.... especially in the rut. 

All good. I can understand both sides. I don’t give up sundays to watch the games but will follow along to see how they are doing. This is the most I’ve watched them play in years because of all the prime time night games they have had.

Anyways. As promised food pics. Loaded nachos was a bust as we had nothing loaded for the nachos. Instead we did venison quesadillas which turned out fantastic!

4ed593409cf0a5f78a4aae580737ce5a.jpg

• Like 3

I won't skip a day in the outdoors to watch football but I do love it. Same as movies. I have no use for blowhard actors or athletes but I enjoy the product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Felt adventurous, so I tried a new Puerto Rican dinner that recently open near me. Not sure what I was expecting, but it was decent just not spicy & was pretty bland. Needed at least some garlic &/or tanginess. Ala a garbage plate style; yellow rice, red beans, stewed pork and a ground beef empanada. Probably try it again as a take-out and doctor it up to my taste at home.

Venison, tomato, veggie soup. Roasted deer bones and made into stock along with trimmings, grew the tomatoes, onions, squash... cook some rice, maybe some egg noodles to thicken and we have a healthy, nutritious soup for a winter's day, maybe make a loaf of rustic bread with your kids. I see folks in tough times in their cars lining up for free food, how can we teach them to provide for themselves? It's easy, fun, cheap  and rewarding... (image upload failed, sorry)

• Like 3

Venison Saltimbocca
6a193961fb0fecfebb9d1294d94d0a91.jpg

457190bfcecc86d7f848a4995c1cbea6.jpg

3b1bb567c683c3fc6753535b9efd8bc5.jpg

Pounded thin some cutlets after I let them soak in some milk (draws out some “gaminess” making the venison a more veal-like)

Marinaded pounded cutlets in oil, garlic, sage, some orange zest, crushed red pepper...floured and fried

Then they get a blanket of prosciutto Parma and some shredded Fontina under the broiler. Quick white wine/chicken stock sauce.

I feel like [mention]Otto [/mention] would enjoy this one.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Venison Saltimbocca
6a193961fb0fecfebb9d1294d94d0a91.jpg

457190bfcecc86d7f848a4995c1cbea6.jpg

3b1bb567c683c3fc6753535b9efd8bc5.jpg

Pounded thin some cutlets after I let them soak in some milk (draws out some “gaminess” making the venison a more veal-like)

Marinaded pounded cutlets in oil, garlic, sage, some orange zest, crushed red pepper...floured and fried

Then they get a blanket of prosciutto Parma and some shredded Fontina under the broiler. Quick white wine/chicken stock sauce.

I feel like [mention]Otto [/mention] would enjoy this one.

You bet I would!!!!  I actually scanned to the end of the thread when I saw Saltimbocca, one of my favorites !! 

• Like 1