What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Do you have a good recipe to share? Every time you post Ramen I always think I gotta make it sometime but never do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key is to cook up more chicken breast ahead of time to have more on hand. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/shoyu-ramen

8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Man. That’s a process. No wonders your always looks so good. Where do you find the ingredients?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very time consuming for sure but the broth is so dang good.  Make sure to throw a few dashes of siracha on your serving.  . Kombu seaweed at Asian markets or Amazon , fish flakes at Wegmans , Asian market or Amazon . We substitute mirin for the dry saki. We were out of water chestnuts this time which add a nice crunch. 

• Like 1

@mlammerhirt  If it were me, I would take that bacon off of it, tie it with butchers twine every three inches,  Put a little red wine or water in the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover it, and just bake it in the oven at 400 until it reaches 125 internal temp, guessing 25 minutes or so, maybe less.  Use  a digital thermometer.  Let rest 10 minutes, slice and serve.    If you really want the bacon on it, remove it for the last 10 minutes or so so the meat has a chance to brown up instead of steam in the pork fat.   Again., IF IT WERE ME. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2