What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

58 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Corned Venison from the recipe that@otto and@crappyice use. It turned out awesome. I may just start cooking all my venison roasts this way.
174883a10160fc546bb236127b2fd676.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

I have two in the juice now...thinking they are good for Sunday

I just put one in brine today too.  Headed to smoker next weekend. Great stuff 

• Like 2

Corned Venison from the recipe that[mention=3175]otto[/mention] and[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] use. It turned out awesome. I may just start cooking all my venison roasts this way.
174883a10160fc546bb236127b2fd676.jpg&key=99805d08f70d92596bcdf3f301d298584501fa53122b1d5dd9d8a527ea9f7b1a

Did you smoke it? What wood? How long? To what internal temp?
Also...I think I should remove mine, 2 2pounders, from the brine tonight (went in Monday) but won’t cook until Sunday. If I’m Looking to freeze one for later cooking, should I freeze it before or after next cooking?

Also...I think I should remove mine, 2 2pounders, from the brine tonight (went in Monday) but won’t cook until Sunday. If I’m Looking to freeze one for later cooking, should I freeze it before or after next cooking?

I would suggest to cook and then freeze.

Wow!  Looks like it came out great!  I love it on dark bread with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, a thick slice of Swiss, and if you have it Russian salad dressing.  
Also good chopped up and made into breakfast hash.  Oh, man I just saw a football roast today, I’m pulling it and making it this week! 

Better than any store bought corned beef I’ve ever had. I was so worried it wouldn’t turn out and I’d have to scramble for dinner.

• Like 1

I don’t do the whole smoker thing. This was cooked in a crock pot on low for 5 hours. The football roast sat in the brine for 7 days which had me worried but the only thing I’d change is the cook time. I might only do 4 hours next time as my only complaint was it was a little dry but I’m open for suggestions to make it less dry.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Someone on here maybe @johnplav  ?? Had a recipe to do this and I tried it and it was awesome. Venison pastrami.  I smoked it at 225 for 3-4 hours til it was about 160 degrees.  Then I sliced it for sandwiches.  

• Like 1

bd91db30d8f3f2ebdbe84f712f8a2ece.jpg

Been a rough week or so. My pup has cancer. A tumor on the top of the heart and another on the spine. Made a big batch of ground and rice for her meals. Did a strap tonight her favorite. We ate a few bites right of the grill in an ice storm lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Someone on here maybe @johnplav  ?? Had a recipe to do this and I tried it and it was awesome. Venison pastrami.  I smoked it at 225 for 3-4 hours til it was about 160 degrees.  Then I sliced it for sandwiches.  

I posted Corned venison.  For pastrami you coat with black pepper and smoke.  

“I have been using Morton Tender Quick with excellent results.

Boil 2 cups of water with Tender Quick (1 tablespoon per lb of venison), pickling spice, brown sugar, garlic and juniper berries (optional).   Once dissolved, pour over the roast (I use a large ziplock bag) and add enough cold water to fully cover the meat.  Let it sit in the fridge for at least a week; then rinse and simmer for a few hours until it is done to your liking.”

29 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Been a rough week or so. My pup has cancer. A tumor on the top of the heart and another on the spine. Made a big batch of ground and rice for her meals. Did a strap tonight her favorite. We ate a few bites right of the grill in an ice storm lol.

Sorry to hear that Fletch, looks like she is eating good though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I posted Corned venison.  For pastrami you coat with black pepper and smoke.  

“I have been using Morton Tender Quick with excellent results.

Boil 2 cups of water with Tender Quick (1 tablespoon per lb of venison), pickling spice, brown sugar, garlic and juniper berries (optional).   Once dissolved, pour over the roast (I use a large ziplock bag) and add enough cold water to fully cover the meat.  Let it sit in the fridge for at least a week; then rinse and simmer for a few hours until it is done to your liking.”

Bout the same recipe I use. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/151224/corned-venison/

Don't remember then who posted the venison pastrami but it was good. 

43 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sorry for your bad news. Tough one. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Hahha....Air fried bacon wrapped inner loin with a nice rose or sour beer would be my final meal...I’d off myself before eating it!!!!

Air fried bacon is the shit! As are sour beers. And only guys that like men drink Rose wine. Isn't that right @Biz-R-OWorld

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Air fried bacon is the shit! As are sour beers. And only guys that like men drink Rose wine. Isn't that right @Biz-R-OWorld

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

As a chameleon, I can adapt and drink almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro