What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Took my buddy to the cabin this weekend. He just wanted to cook over the fire pit. We rigged up an old smoker and placed it on the coals. First night shrimp and NY Strip steak. Second night a 5lb chicken. Came out great!!!! The table is 30 years old. Amish made. Seats 12 but I only have 8 chairs. Two leafs. Amish guy named Alvin made i in Penn Yan. Said the bigger the table the bigger the family. We only had two kids.....lol. 

63181481570__913460D9-156E-440B-9877-9F7A04F25401.JPG

63193220713__82ED8A11-0149-4155-96C9-B24AD69749E7.JPG

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_5364.JPG

IMG_5373.JPG

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

So there is no way I’m going to be able to go back and find how to do grilled chicken wings. So for those of you that have done them with success post up how you did them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the best grilled wings are actually cooked with an air fryer

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

So there is no way I’m going to be able to go back and find how to do grilled chicken wings. So for those of you that have done them with success post up how you did them

Cook over indirect heat until done and then finish over direct heat to crisp up. I like to brush with sauce when crisp and then grill a couple more minutes over the direct heat. Here's some I did this past summer in the crisping up stage. Put a foil pan under when doing indirect heat or the next time you fire up the grill you will have an inferno (I know from experience). We actually prefer them this way to deep fried.

wings.jpg

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 3

Cook over indirect heat until done and then finish over direct heat to crisp up. I like to brush with sauce when crisp and then grill a couple more minutes over the direct heat. Here's some I did this past summer in the crisping up stage. Put a foil pan under when doing indirect heat or the next time you fire up the grill you will have an inferno (I know from experience). We actually prefer them this way to deep fried.
wings.thumb.jpg.e1465d8fe24d4bc26292d074d3c537eb.jpg

Nice thanks! Roughly speaking how long do they take to cook?

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Nice thanks! Roughly speaking how long do they take to cook?

About an hour or so. Depends on how hot the grill is. I would say around 350 for about half hour or 45 mins indirect with lid down then over direct heat with lid up to crisp up. The key is to have most of the fat from the skin render off over the indirect heat before finishing over the direct heat.

About an hour or so. Depends on how hot the grill is. I would say around 350 for about half hour or 45 mins indirect with lid down then over direct heat with lid up to crisp up. The key is to have most of the fat from the skin render off over the indirect heat before finishing over the direct heat.

Ridiculously good! Thanks for the info. Ended up cooking up 50 wings. Mild, garlic parm, charBQ and hot. 9a2bc8823525e54a4dc7f5a3ae72aae4.jpg
5376cd0700936d525e634b66295f5aef.jpg

• Like 6