What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Had some business to take care of at Hampton Beach NH and thought it would be a good idea to treat the wife to a lobster dinner. Went to the lobster pound at the docks and picked up a 2 3/4 and a 3 lber for dinner. Wow the oceanfront was was really frothing out there spraying sea foam over the sea wall all over the road .

Steamed lobster , baked asparagus and stuffed mushrooms . Iced tea for her and some Long Trail IPA for me

DSCN0081.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

DSCN0087.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

5a54ab77ce317b2873d3513a825d617d.jpg
Homemade pork smoked sausage for our “boil” tonight.
Really close to the smoked sausage we used to get from Deitrichs in PA - wife and I used to always stop on the trip home from West Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use tenderquick or prague powder or pink salt in it?  Looks great.  We used to bring back 40 pounds of smoked sausage from PA Amish every year.    It was great.  I was thinking of making some.  I did venison smoked but was thinking i might make some pork smoked and want the red color to it so thinking i would use tenderquick in it too which i didnt add to the venison but i also froze it wihtout smoking it first,.  

Did you use tenderquick or prague powder or pink salt in it?  Looks great.  We used to bring back 40 pounds of smoked sausage from PA Amish every year.    It was great.  I was thinking of making some.  I did venison smoked but was thinking i might make some pork smoked and want the red color to it so thinking i would use tenderquick in it too which i didnt add to the venison but i also froze it wihtout smoking it first,.  

I followed this “process” which seems more the appropriate word for sausage making than recipe:. I use the Prague #1

http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/smoked-pork-sausage.html

Website is a little odd and the “clear fat” it calls for was a bit heavy. I reduced it a bit and still feel it was too much fat.

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I followed this “process” which seems more the appropriate word for sausage making than recipe:. I use the Prague #1

http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/smoked-pork-sausage.html

Website is a little odd and the “clear fat” it calls for was a bit heavy. I reduced it a bit and still feel it was too much fat.

thanks yeah that does seem like a real lot.  I have tenderquick and i generally use that but dont add in salt and sugar in any recipe as tenderquick already has that.  I might try to make some of that too - good winter project !  I will prob go wiht the amish spices i get and give it a try.  Thanks 

• Like 1

FIL got us a air fryer for Christmas.  We have nearly every kitchen piece of equipment possible, so I didnt think the air fryer would make it into the rotation but after seeing air fryer wings on here I gave it a go and oh boy are they good. I use baking powder to coat, cook them ,then sauce.

Screenshot_20210120-185624_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

My wife made Hanks Shaws Tiawanese Beef Noodle Soup, using deer shank in place of the beef. I had a hard time giving up shanks without getting Osso Bucco, but this was an excellent dish! Lots of leftovers too, so I'll be eating this into the weekend. Glass of 2017 Marywood homemade wine was a good match.
fab338cc3579899a87300bf413f4375f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Darn it no pics but my son cooked Korean BBQ where we cooked the thin pieces of meat on a grill in the middle of the table as we went.  Man was it good.   He also did a spinach salad with sesame seeds and oil and other Asian spices and rice.  Honestly I felt like we were eating in a great restaurant.  

• Like 5

Darn it no pics but my son cooked Korean BBQ where we cooked the thin pieces of meat on a grill in the middle of the table as we went.  Man was it good.   He also did a spinach salad with sesame seeds and oil and other Asian spices and rice.  Honestly I felt like we were eating in a great restaurant.  
Was this inside your house?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That’s awesome I do this all the time, actually got a table top smokeless grill. Buy marinade at the local Korean market.