What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

Yup...stone gets nice and hot (550+) and pretty quickly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

That pizza looks unreal.....is that a pizza stone on the grill?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It's the only way to make pizza in my opinion.  Been doing this for years. My favorite is a white pizza with smoked sausage and spinach.  

It's the only way to make pizza in my opinion.  Been doing this for years. My favorite is a white pizza with smoked sausage and spinach.  

44d5820e00f6f287ee0fb872842aa480.jpg

I did put some homemade smoked venison sausage on my pie...I’m never patient enough to let that stone reheat properly!

my secret ingredients or the “sauce” of my white pizza is a simple paste I make with roasted garlic-roast full heads of garlic in foils with oils and salt and pepper. Let it cools that squeeze out bulbs, mash, add some oil, salt and pepper(crushed red pepper too) to make a paste and then I add some water to get a spreadable consistency. A little goes a long way on the crust but it’s a game changer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

44d5820e00f6f287ee0fb872842aa480.jpg

I did put some homemade smoked venison sausage on my pie...I’m never patient enough to let that stone reheat properly!

my secret ingredients or the “sauce” of my white pizza is a simple paste I make with roasted garlic-roast full heads of garlic in foils with oils and salt and pepper. Let it cools that squeeze out bulbs, mash, add some oil, salt and pepper(crushed red pepper too) to make a paste and then I add some water to get a spreadable consistency. A little goes a long way on the crust but it’s a game changer.

Oh my that does sound good.  Your upper level with that.  I generally cheat and use a garlic Alfredo.  I've also used a little ranch or some Caeser dressing and that was pretty good.  

But yeah that not waiting for the stone cracks me up cause I know exactly that.. Cause everytime I make these and have people over the first one is gone and the next can't come quick enough . Need to almost run 2 grills. 

• Like 1

Cold cloudy day today and the wife was going to teach a yoga class and then meet a client to sign a contract .So I made a dinner that would be ready whenever she got back .

Stuffed peppers filled with beef hamburger mixed with onions , peppers , mushrooms Mexican four cheese mix and marinara sauce. Covered with mozzarella cheese and marinara .

Oh  I took one out and then realized I forget to take a pic of doneness so I put it back in for the photo op , but it tipped over . I had to eat that one 1st because it was now deemed as defective. LOL 

Dinner Prep.JPG

Dinner Done.JPG

• Like 4