What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Not tonight but lunch Friday . Swans sausage plate at Genny Brew House .

Swans is an old world German deli ,great great food , not in the best neighborhood but you’ll most likely be ok . But the Brew House has the sausage plate for a quick taste .

https://swanmarket.com

4D6F384B-3E0F-46CA-99FD-C4700AC31039.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 8:06 PM, Nomad said:

Not tonight but lunch Friday . Swans sausage plate at Genny Brew House .

Swans is an old world German deli ,great great food , not in the best neighborhood but you’ll most likely be ok . But the Brew House has the sausage plate for a quick taste .

https://swanmarket.com

4D6F384B-3E0F-46CA-99FD-C4700AC31039.jpeg

Everything tastes good with Genny.  My wife baked fish today. Her and the kids had Lake Erie smallmouth, and I had the last of our "Lake of the Isles" largemouth bass, that has been vacuum sealed in the freezer since August, washed down with a Light. 

It was damn good and I am looking forward to the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow.  I got to wash it down with water there though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johnplav said:

Baked Lake George smallmouth fillets tonight.  And to make it feel like summer... blue lights + margaritas. 

Those are my favorite fish to catch, and almost my favorite to eat (I prefer largemouth bass by a slim margin).   I dont care for fried fish and perch and walleye get too dry baked, grilled, or broiled.  Bass has just enough oil in it to keep it moist through those healthier cooking processes.

I have caught bass in NY state on every month but December and March, but I only keep them during open season.  The half dozen smallies that I caught last weekend, while ice fishing for perch, got released (the one in the photo twice).

One key to making bass taste great, is getting the meat off of them, and vacuum sealed, while it is still twitching.  I have worn out about 6 live well pumps in the last 30 years, keeping them that way.

Lunch today was leftover Lake Erie smallies, along with my favorite lunch beverage.  That also works great for washing down raw walleye cheeks.  That's the only part of those I really like.

20210227_122631.jpg

20210227_122005.jpg

21 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

One key to making bass taste great, is getting the meat off of them, and vacuum sealed, while it is still twitching.  I have worn out about 6 live well pumps in the last 30 years, keeping them that way.

Yep, I keep them in the live well until they’re home, then bleed them quick and fillet.  I also line them up on a baking sheet and freeze for an hour or so before vacuum sealing. 

3626A4AA-F0EC-4A90-8DC1-1324BC8E13B2.jpeg

Just now, johnplav said:

Yep, I keep them in the live well until they’re home, then bleed them quick and fillet.  I also line them up on a baking sheet and freeze for an hour or so before vacuum sealing. 

3626A4AA-F0EC-4A90-8DC1-1324BC8E13B2.jpeg

I dry the fillets with paper towels, prior to vacuum sealing.  I like 12 - 15 inch bass best for eating, and it takes about one paper towel per fillet that size, to get them dry enough for sealing.   

• Like 1