What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Those are my favorite fish to catch, and almost my favorite to eat (I prefer largemouth bass by a slim margin).   I dont care for fried fish and perch and walleye get too dry baked, grilled, or broiled.  Bass has just enough oil in it to keep it moist through those healthier cooking processes.
I have caught bass in NY state on every month but December and March, but I only keep them during open season.  The half dozen smallies that I caught last weekend, while ice fishing for perch, got released (the one in the photo twice).
One key to making bass taste great, is getting the meat off of them, and vacuum sealed, while it is still twitching.  I have worn out about 6 live well pumps in the last 30 years, keeping them that way.
Lunch today was leftover Lake Erie smallies, along with my favorite lunch beverage.  That also works great for washing down raw walleye cheeks.  That's the only part of those I really like.
20210227_122631.thumb.jpg.f27854eefc38b0004c0639a9f7336da0.jpg
20210227_122005.thumb.jpg.295085777151a5de66ef13551e8ae700.jpg

Why have we not seen the Lucky Charms in the Breakfast thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and ! are going to be busy the next couple of days so I wanted to make something that will give us some leftovers . Pot Roast fit that description .

5 1/2 lb pot roast with onions , celery , and red potatoes that are submerged in the broth

Pot Roast.JPG

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 5

Not saying my opinion is a popular one...I just don’t care for the inner loins - too much going on In there post-shot!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I toss them and anything that was an inner body cavity surface (like thin layer of hind quarters and portion of the ribs) if the stomach or intestines are ripped. Otherwise it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Disclaimer,no pics. I made up all my venison sausage today and tried a new apple recipe with figs as well and it was a hit..Had that with some homegrown potatoes and some sauerkraut for dinner. 
Feel like it would help it not dry out as easily when cooking. Never tried adding that stuff though. Just cheese.

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Feel like it would help it not dry out as easily when cooking. Never tried adding that stuff though. Just cheese.

I tried a bunch of new recipes this year,it was fun. Mix it up a little.