What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I tried a bunch of new recipes this year,it was fun. Mix it up a little.
I've been slowly trying and tinkering with Meat Eater and other recipes to cook more odd ball cuts of venison. Problem is time and prep. normally low and slow cuts you're tinkering with just get rushed so the family can eat at a normal time. I want to get back to posting actual recipes with photos on here though.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

I've been slowly trying and tinkering with Meat Eater and other recipes to cook more odd ball cuts of venison. Problem is time and prep. normally low and slow cuts you're tinkering with just get rushed so the family can eat at a normal time. I want to get back to posting actual recipes with photos on here though.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I also tried some of those low and slow recipes for neck meat and shanks. They were amazing,but you are right,they are impossible during the week. I am making some harissa spiced shanks tomorrow,i will post a picture.

Another one was a pulled venison recipe with the neck meat,it was delicious. I will try to post a pic and recipe next time I make it.

Using these cuts like that has sped up my deer processing time quite a bit. And given me more dishes to look forward to.

OK, so I looked around on-line for an answer but really didn't find anything. A little piss poor planning on my part but whatever. I have a corned venison roast all set. I had it in the brine for 7 days and took it out this afternoon. Question is can a just leave it in the refrigerator until Sunday when we will actually all be home again at the same time or should I cook it up today/tomorrow and reheat it on Sunday? 

26 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice but why can’t you grill in winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biz I thought it still was winter?
BTW Charlie and I are Fairweather grillers had a foot plus of snow for the past month not a big fan of shoveling out to grill.  Hopefully winter takeout season is ending  soon and grilling is here to stay 

Biz I thought it still was winter?
BTW Charlie and I are Fairweather grillers had a foot plus of snow for the past month not a big fan of shoveling out to grill.  Hopefully winter takeout season is ending  soon and grilling is here to stay 

Gotcha. I always shovel a short path on deck to grill before worrying about the driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1