What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

You shouldn’t be drinking ruby reds during a cold front, that’s a summer beer.  I had my last one a couple weeks ago and will probably have to wait until June 22 for another.

Only two left and this is prob the last 70 degree day til May.  

You want a pairing that makes no sense..... Modelos in the Adirondacks. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Only two left and this is prob the last 70 degree day til May.  

You want a pairing that makes no sense..... Modelos in the Adirondacks. Lol

I have only had one anywhere else, and that was on a cruise ship to Cozumel.  I don’t know why my father in law likes them, but he couldn’t find any within 50 miles lately.   We brought up a case from Wegmans in WNY.  I like the negras but don’t really care for the especials.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bionic said:

Wife, and I made a delicious dinner together.  Eggplant, and chicken parm.

yes, that’s a moose jaw trying to take a bite.

BE63D7BE-DFA5-413F-8142-CAC5AF7FC8EA.jpeg

Feels good to say “my wife and I” doesn’t it?! Congratulations! 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mother in law grilled the baby beef liver, that I brought up north, this evening.   I got to admit that it was the best tasting and tenderest liver that I have ever had, including that from this years button buck.  I will have to find out what kind of steer it came from and how long it was aged prior to freezing.

On a related note, thanks to the NY state ban on plastic bags, I lost the liver and heart from the old doe that I killed this morning.  I’m sure the liver would have been tough as hell, but I will miss that heart on valantines day.  That is when my wife always pickles them for me.  Oh well, maybe I can fill another tag or two before January 2.

You can see the heart and liver in the crotch of the tree in this photo.  I tried stuffing them in the carcass as I dragged it down off the ridge, tying the back legs closed.  It rolled a few times and they must have fell out.  I backtracked, after loading her in my father-in-law’s tractor bucket, but no find. They blend in perfectly with the wet leaves I suppose.

I still have the heart from that tender liver steer in my freezer so that may have to suffice if I don’t kill any more deer. 

A6F49333-9D6E-420F-AD8F-A8841702E72A.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

13 hours ago, wolc123 said:

My mother in law grilled the baby beef liver, that I brought up north, this evening.   I got to admit that it was the best tasting and tenderest liver that I have ever had, including that from this years button buck.  I will have to find out what kind of steer it came from and how long it was aged prior to freezing.

On a related note, thanks to the NY state ban on plastic bags, I lost the liver and heart from the old doe that I killed this morning.  I’m sure the liver would have been tough as hell, but I will miss that heart on valantines day.  That is when my wife always pickles them for me.  Oh well, maybe I can fill another tag or two before January 2.

You can see the heart and liver in the crotch of the tree in this photo.  I tried stuffing them in the carcass as I dragged it down off the ridge, tying the back legs closed.  It rolled a few times and they must have fell out.  I backtracked, after loading her in my father-in-law’s tractor bucket, but no find. They blend in perfectly with the wet leaves I suppose.

I still have the heart from that tender liver steer in my freezer so that may have to suffice if I don’t kill any more deer. 

A6F49333-9D6E-420F-AD8F-A8841702E72A.jpeg

I never , ever ever go into the woods without a couple gallon zipper bags. I fold them up into a inch square and throw a piece of scotch tape around it. Always have a couple in my pack or coat pocket. I'm disappointed in you man......jk

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I never , ever ever go into the woods without a couple gallon zipper bags. I fold them up into a inch square and throw a piece of scotch tape around it. Always have a couple in my pack or coat pocket. I'm disappointed in you man......jk

Yep, I usually do too but I blew it there this time, and it cost me a nice heart.   

Moving forward I will have a gallon bag and if i take a deer there will be a heart and Liver on Wolcs front porch shortly thereafter. NO BALLS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5