What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I live in the boonies and i agree there. I have to drive a half hour minimum for anything decent. An hour for something really good. One can always get some at any wegmans but that is only ok. Closest wegmans is still a half hour away. Is what it is…

I am very picky about my sushi, I will have fish flown in from Hawaii to my house before I eat shitty sushi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sos it's hamburger with salt pepper and garlic powder and onion powder. Cooked down and made a milk gravy with milk and flour and mix it till it thickens. Serve over toast or biscuits. Just like sausage and gravy but with burger. It's good as hell too my kids love it.

That sort of looks like sausage gravy and I’m sure it tastes great but looks like baby poop lol..

Now served over a biscuit I could try lol

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

That sort of looks like sausage gravy and I’m sure it tastes great but looks like baby poop lol..

Now served over a biscuit I could try lol

Im trying my best when I'm sick may have been lighting and a darker milk gravy. I'll work on my presentation lol. Definitely try it they serve three different types on veterans day at our local American legion. Chipped beef and sausage and gravy and ground beef and milk gravy. My boys love it.

Sos it's hamburger with salt pepper and garlic powder and onion powder. Cooked down and made a milk gravy with milk and flour and mix it till it thickens. Serve over toast or biscuits. Just like sausage and gravy but with burger. It's good as hell too my kids love it.

My version is hamburger on top of mashed potatoes and just straight up beef gravy. There’s no good way to present it. It looks like slop no matter what

• Like 1

A nice friend gifted me a package of walleye, so i made my Grandfather's famous dish: Fish with Bananas in a Cream and Butter Sauce. Other than my sauce falling apart, it was delicious and brought back lots of great childhood memories of fishing with him and providing a meal for the family.
6e154b8a09f1e48c624b21bb235236f7.jpga76009ff4dfb5aab81ab5482d701a7cb.jpg
With homemade wine, natch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Big pot of chili with the last of last years ground venison. Good thing I put 35+ pounds of this years ground in the freezer today.

6ec034127f61979fecf53ab08be36f2e.jpg
8b251356c7f882426af9be2585737c0b.jpg

Are those olives in there?  Otherwise looks just like my recipe….

A nice friend gifted me a package of walleye, so i made my Grandfather's famous dish: Fish with Bananas in a Cream and Butter Sauce. Other than my sauce falling apart, it was delicious and brought back lots of great childhood memories of fishing with him and providing a meal for the family.
6e154b8a09f1e48c624b21bb235236f7.jpga76009ff4dfb5aab81ab5482d701a7cb.jpg
With homemade wine, natch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love your dinner faire Otto but I may have to pause at fish, bananas and cream. Glad you enjoyed it however but man that’s some combination

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I love your dinner faire Otto but I may have to pause at fish, bananas and cream. Glad you enjoyed it however but man that’s some combination

I know, who would have thunk it?  It was very good, but very rich.   The recipe I followed had a layer of sautéed mushrooms underneath it all.  MY wife hates them, so I had to leave them out. 

It is actually a Caribbean dish, I had it in Puerto Rico once and my Grandfather made it a lot.  I would guess he picked it up from one of the Migrant workers on our farm.  Back then, most of them were from PR and they cooked all their own meals.  I do remember too that whenever we would catch carp, that we would give it the workers, who were very happy to get it. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Just finished a big crock of soup.  4 day hunting weekend and this is perfect during the midday break. 

Smoked venison sausage, white cannelli beans, carrots, celery, onion, roasted garlic, spinach, with chicken and vegetable stock.  So good. 

IMG_20211102_204214907.jpg

Just need tortellini for a sausage tortellini soup or ditalini and tomatoes and sauce for minestrone. Looks great.

2 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Just need tortellini for a sausage tortellini soup or ditalini and tomatoes and sauce for minestrone. Looks great.

Thanks. I do make minestrone sometimes.  And also make a sausage and creamy tomato tortellini soup, one of my favorites. But made this with a good amount of cannelli beans so didn't need pasta too.  I make a lot of homeade soups in the winter. 

• Like 1