What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I need a venison meatloaf recipe…calling on @Otto @Bionic @Robhuntandfish @Chef
For your best comfort food meatloaf recipe.
I would have pm’ed this request but Tapatalk don’t allow that anymore it seems.
Anyone else have one I’ll take it but these guys have some serious comfort food (borderline) fetish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Anyone else have one I’ll take it but these guys have some serious comfort food (borderline) fetish!

Hello friend, I am not a recipe guy, I just dump ingredients that I typically use for meatloaf.  I will text you! This cheered me up as stupid as this may sound….having an aggravating day, people being a nuisance, my one prosthetic shattered, and on, and on…but to have a recipe request from me is awesome, definitely put me in a happier mood.  I blew your phone up! lol 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Hello friend, I am not a recipe guy, I just dump ingredients that I typically use for meatloaf.  I will text you! This cheered me up as stupid as this may sound….having an aggravating day, people being a nuisance, my one prosthetic shattered, and on, and on…but to have a recipe request from me is awesome, definitely put me in a happier mood.  I blew your phone up! lol 

dont send him nudes again!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hmm I will have to mostly defer to the others. Don't really have a meatloaf recipe.  Although I have been wanting to make one with lightly boiled eggs in the middle.  Almost like a scotch egg. But my Dad always added ground veal and pork to his.  Also instead of bread crumbs cheesy crackers work nice. 

Had one with a BBQ glaze that was also very good. But like Bionic I would just mostly throw it together, no real recipe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hmm I will have to mostly defer to the others. Don't really have a meatloaf recipe.  Although I have been wanting to make one with lightly boiled eggs in the middle.  Almost like a scotch egg. But my Dad always added ground veal and pork to his.  Also instead of bread crumbs cheesy crackers work nice. 

Had one with a BBQ glaze that was also very good. But like Bionic I would just mostly throw it together, no real recipe. 

That being said how bout bacon, onion bombs..... Love these and it's a meatloaf base.  Make your meatloaf recipe.  Then take and cut onions in half peeling out two separate halves. To make onion shells.  Stuff those with the meatloaf mix. Then wrap in bacon and toothpick together.  Put them in the smoker and brush with BBQ sauce last few minutes.  

I will be having leftovers at work, from lunch that I am eating now - lazy style stuffed cabbage made with ground deer meat.  Hands down my favorite thing to eat.   The  drink will not be the same though.   

863A276A-B8FA-499B-8DB2-EC78D264BBD1.thumb.jpeg.183a44fdcc8cb3ee04eb129b9c4800e9.jpeg

My wife makes that too we call it unstuffed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

My wife makes that too we call it unstuffed

My mom always goes to the trouble of stuffing the rolls and she uses beef not venison.  I definitely prefer my wife’s “unstuffed” and made with venison.  They are easier to make and easier to eat.  

26f7e1c686c028f25b1c58407e053dbe.jpg
FRANKENLOAF.
Whole bunch of hands in this one…little bit of some suggestions from everyone!!!

632f04b8d7d48a456f497265770638ba.jpg
Team effort!!!! And while this is intended for a later meal, I middle chunk “fell out” on to my fork and I am happy!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Team effort!!!! And while this is intended for a later meal, I middle chunk “fell out” on to my fork and I am happy!!!

Oh Man ! Its " Damaged Goods " now ! Hand it over to the forum and we will help you dispose of it .  :pleasantry:

632f04b8d7d48a456f497265770638ba.jpg

Looks great!

I’ll toss my little secret for meatloaf. I’ll cook mine with a few slices of bacon on top and cook it uncovered so the bacon will crisp up.