What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Did you scrape the fat off the buck or was he that lean?

He was that lean.  Processing went fast, because there was so little fat to trim.  He must not have eaten much thru the rut, but his stomach was full of corn the evening when I shot him.  There were also a few kernels of corn stuck around the edges of the exit hole that chunks of rib pushed thru the hide.

I thought he came out of the swamp but apparently he had been in corn field.

The 16 gauge foster slug didn’t make it thru and dropped out of the cavity while I had him on the hoist. It was relatively intact as you can see in the photo of it:

A45EA435-4EAC-4A18-AFE2-DF064E8E0C2B.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

From last night...... thanks [mention=762]Chef[/mention] for the Sea Bass assist, it was the most liked entree.

No pics, but we also had sushi, shrimp risotto, baked salmon, and fried haddock. We went way over the required 7 fishes!
Today is bolognese lasagna, will try to picture that too.
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

d6b2a21e01d332ec84fee8af52481ae8.jpgea1d60c549c81503e4feaefdffca2e2e.jpg9395691e9486bb78b9a83545ba4a4e98.jpg

• Like 8

Hope this is the right thread.... I'm in the market for a new boning knife... thought I 'd ask here if anyone is blown away by theirs as I trust recommendations here before anyone else. If one is flexible enough to double as a fillet knife for fish all the better. Thanks in advance. Always enjoy this thread!.

• Like 1

Hope this is the right thread.... I'm in the market for a new boning knife... thought I 'd ask here if anyone is blown away by theirs as I trust recommendations here before anyone else. If one is flexible enough to double as a fillet knife for fish all the better. Thanks in advance. Always enjoy this thread!.

As a chef and someone who has taken real classes in butchering I use a cheap white plastic handle 7 inch boning knife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, Unit8R said:

Rapala:

0DA627A6-ECF7-41FE-BFF4-9D9CF0A7DEA8.thumb.jpeg.1184292f4e46533dd0c720f160dbf0ce.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I see ribs. Are those risotto balls? Is that a fish dish with arrugulla and tomatoes and mozzarella or feta?

Rice balls - wild mushrooms, truffle oil, mozzarella cheese, and creamy parmesan dip

Chicken (not fish) - breast of organic chicken, panko pan fried, with arugula, tomatoes, onions, burrata, and house dressing