What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Landowner appreciation (she is also my lady... her little woodlot between two bedding areas sealed the deal for me!) ... venison/pork meatballs in marinara sauce made with homegrown Romas

IMG_4264.thumb.JPG.d57e605a7d65151b3a5cb439e15c9851.JPG

Little woodlot between two bedding areas…. I’ve never heard it called that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

First ever bone in neck roast...  I cant believe i did not get a pic of the finished roast but the family tore it up.  Hands down the finest roast I have ever had.

Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder then marinated in balsamic and worstishire in the fridge for 24 hours....

Rosemary also...

neckroast001.jpg

neckroast002.jpg

Edited by Arcade Hunter
rosemary
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

First ever bone in neck roast...  I cant believe i did not get a pic of the finished roast but the family tore it up.  Hands down the finest roast I have ever had.

Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder then marinated in balsamic and worstishire in the fridge for 24 hours....

Rosemary also...

neckroast001.jpg

neckroast002.jpg

That looks and sounds amazing. This is the first year i saved the necks bone in. I have not cooked one yet but may have to soon.

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That looks and sounds amazing. This is the first year i saved the necks bone in. I have not cooked one yet but may have to soon.

This was my first one also and will not be the last... I cooked it in my electric roasting pan low and slow for 8 hours or so and the meat came off using just a fork.  Ever so tender

46 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

This was my first one also and will not be the last... I cooked it in my electric roasting pan low and slow for 8 hours or so and the meat came off using just a fork.  Ever so tender

Last year was my first for neck roasts. I made pulled venison with it and loved it,low and slow cooking dissolves all the fat and tissue. I also like the fact that I don't have to trim the neck meat,and it always seems a lot gets left on the bone.

Been doing the neck roasts for probably45 years,slow cooker,can of cheap beer,salt and pepper.Depending on size 8-12 hours in a slow cooker,braised first.Remove the bone when done,pull it all apart,horseradish on a constanza roll,better than any roast beef sandwich you have ever had.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Stupid question alert: is the windpipe in there??

A nasty tendon too.  I try to get all that out, but leave all the rest.  One of my favorite cuts and so much to do with it!