What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

I for one am more then willing to allow you to post the recipe. 

Lol, well first you find a willing bird to do it dirty and then shoot in the face with 3 1/2" #5.

We try to use as much of the bird as possible so I dry the tail, salt and dry the legs and take all the feathers I can for trapping visual lures, tying jigs and flies, and wings for scratching calls.

As far as processing goes, skin the turkey and keep liver neck and heart for stock and stuffing. Take the thighs and legs off of each side and vacuum seal, as well as breasts. Sometimes with the Jake's you will only get 1 package. 

First I put carrots onions and celery in the pressure cooker and cook the combos(legs and thighs). After they are parboiled I strip them and Basically make a turkey soup. Don't forget a bay leaf. I dont really measure anything but I do Google for reference if I feel lost. Poultry seasoning salt and pepper work pretty well. Anything that makes a good poultry stock including bullion, and the forementioned organs and neck. I strain everything and keep the stock, then add all the meat back in.

I make biscuits with whatever we have... roughly

2 cups flower

Tsp salt

Tbsp baking powder 

Any herbs you like

Cup of shredded cheese(don't be afraid to try all types)

Cut in 6 tbsp oil/butter but colder the better

Stir in around 1 cup of milk.

You want it to be a little looser than play-doh. Get your soup on a light boil and drop the biscuits in 1 large spoonful at a time. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. If you use Dutch over you can brown them in the oven. Im on stove top tonight. 

Sorry if my directions are not focused enough. We just kinda wing it here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Lol I guess you lugnuts are right.  I wasn’t “flexing” as Tacks always says, neither she nor I felt like grilling so BAM, stew it shall be.   :)

My wife made stir fry with button buck back strap for dinner tonight.  That was some damn good eating for sure, and definitely the best Asian meal that we have had.  All the ingredients, besides the meat, were from “Blue Apron”.  

7 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Whats it matter when Lawd stacks the deer like firewood every fall.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yeah , but you don't split up your nice walnut trim boards into kindling because you have a lot of them.. ;) He needs to man-up and discuss this with his wife.

31 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Yeah , but you don't split up your nice walnut trim boards into kindling because you have a lot of them.. ;) He needs to man-up and discuss this with his wife.

You think I'm going to pitch a fit over something like this?  LOL I could care less.

Since this has ruffled feather I went downstairs and snapped a shot.  The bummer is I found a package from LAST fall that got missed, we could have used that tonight.  :)

The good thing is I have 9 packages sitting in the freezer now.  That means once a month I get backstrap for dinner until the end of October.  Woot!

2222E438-D406-481D-81FD-FEAFE661392B.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You think I'm going to pitch a fit over something like this?  LOL I could care less.

Since this has ruffled feather I went downstairs and snapped a shot.  The bummer is I found a package from LAST fall that got missed, we could have used that tonight.  :)

The good thing is I have 9 packages sitting in the freezer now.  That means once a month I get backstrap for dinner until the end of October.  Woot!

2222E438-D406-481D-81FD-FEAFE661392B.jpeg

Just busting on ya.  Heck, I turned 1 of my deer into all sausage and hamburg except for the backstraps this year... Lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Just busting on ya.  Heck, I turned 1 of my deer into all sausage and hamburg except for the backstraps this year... Lol

I gave one to an elderly friend and have some big bagged chunks I’m getting made into sausage.  

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1