What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 3/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Canned venison.   6 years old……

Six years, good to know. We laugh that our "major goal in life" during summer is to "eat down the freezer"... this year I will pressure can what's left before Oct 1st as we'll certainly get skunked again some year and we can "eat down the pantry" instead of tag soup!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

f5b2662e1e357e6ac1eab9ed9a7b3522.jpg
Smoked venison neck roast- one with BBQ sauce I made with the drippings and one with red cabbage.
And a Spring Bock for @wolc123

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s my plan for next weekend.  Neck roast and Spring Bock in crock pot.  

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

f5b2662e1e357e6ac1eab9ed9a7b3522.jpg
Smoked venison neck roast- one with BBQ sauce I made with the drippings and one with red cabbage.
And a Spring Bock for @wolc123

Looks great.  Neck roast is on next seasons menu for me.  Might be a silly question, but is the windpipe inside the roast? Or is it on the outside where you can remove it?  

Looks great.  Neck roast is on next seasons menu for me.  Might be a silly question, but is the windpipe inside the roast? Or is it on the outside where you can remove it?  

I deboned the roast and removed the windpipe then…easily accessed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

That’s my plan for next weekend.  Neck roast and Spring Bock in crock pot.  

When I cook with beer, it is usually a dark beer.  Iv’e used amber colored beer for dipping fish, but not for a long roast cook.  Not sure how it would be, but dark beer works great! 

• Like 2

One of my stores has extra space so I sublet the back to the Spanish restaurant next door for their prep work. I had a knock on the door today and received this gift. Sometimes simple stuff like this goes so far in restoring my faith in humanity. 

First generation immigrants worked fast food saved every penny for 20 years now the family has their own profitable restaurant and couldn't be nicer people who love America and the better life they have made for themselves. 

More importantly (just a joke) the food is great. Pork was amazing, onions, black beans and rice fed me well today. 

Screenshot_20220326-213749_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5