What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Pizzas look amazing. Let's get a fully review on that pizza cooker-what do you love? What do you wish it did better? How's the temp control of the stone? Can you wood fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traci has been begging me for one

• Like 1

You have a recipe for that Rob?
No recipe. I really don't have recipes for much of anything. Always cooked that way. Lol.

But after college I lived in an apartment over an older Italian lady that barely spoke English and she also cooked at a local restaurant. She would yell upstairs..."boy, hey boy...you mangia? ". And she would often have the most unbelievable dishes. And zucchini stew was one of them . She was awesome.

I just chunked up zucchini, onions, cherry tomatoes, a regular tomato, a pepper. Added in seasoned salt, garlic and oregano, olive oil, a sprinkle of sugar. Let it all stew together without the zucchini getting too soft. Then grilled sausage so it browns nice in the pan added a splash of red wine to deglaze and added it to the pot and sliced up the sausage to add.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No recipe. I really don't have recipes for much of anything. Always cooked that way. Lol.

But after college I lived in an apartment over an older Italian lady that barely spoke English and she also cooked at a local restaurant. She would yell upstairs..."boy, hey boy...you mangia? ". And she would often have the most unbelievable dishes. And zucchini stew was one of them . She was awesome.

I just chunked up zucchini, onions, cherry tomatoes, a regular tomato, a pepper. Added in seasoned salt, garlic and oregano, olive oil, a sprinkle of sugar. Let it all stew together without the zucchini getting too soft. Then grilled sausage so it browns nice in the pan added a splash of red wine to deglaze and added it to the pot and sliced up the sausage to add.

Old Italian ladies (especially with little english!) are the best! No
Nonsense and only are happy when you are stuffed.
One just moved in the small house behind me and her son was putting her garden together for her. I introduce myself and all she said is, "Italiano?" When I said, "not really (I have a complicated family tree)"
She looked so disappointed..borderline disgusted!

• Like 1

Old Italian ladies (especially with little english!) are the best! No
Nonsense and only are happy when you are stuffed.
One just moved in the small house behind me and her son was putting her garden together for her. I introduce myself and all she said is, "Italiano?" When I said, "not really (I have a complicated family tree)"
She looked so disappointed..borderline disgusted!

Her husband had an epic garden. In the mid afternoon he would be sitting outside with a straw hat eating bread, cheese, salami, olives etc. After working on the garden. It was just like you would picture in Italy. He would call my GF "wife" and always ask how she was as best he could with English. He and his wife got to arguing sometimes in Italian of course and he would just shake his head.

She made Italian cookies that would make you cry. The platters she had looked like something out of a magazine.

You best get on your neighbors good side asap!

• Like 2

Pittsburgh trip with daughter . Sushi was at Mola , finally got uni and 2 different ones.  Pulled chicken and bacon grilled cheese at The Yard , Cajun seafood crepe was amazing from Delucas ( filmed part of Jack Reacher there and was a man vs food episode) , road and hotel snacks 

F6D17934-241B-4303-9487-A00972CC34B5.jpeg

12CFC916-184B-4252-9936-64192F3543DD.jpeg

B3A1F96F-66C7-4742-92F7-3F23395D020B.jpeg

9EBF8AAC-EEBC-4E7B-98C9-83A1FF8EE68A.jpeg

695BB45C-2974-44CB-BE84-547299BCC089.jpeg

6CCF51F2-44BD-43F8-84CD-48F73737CA35.jpeg

B229DEC0-4806-448B-9D65-71D588662BCB.jpeg

40AF1423-3B99-4D72-A125-1C3CAD9BCEF3.jpeg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Stuffed peppers (with ground venison of course), sweetcorn, and cucumber salad.  

1D75B99D-D035-4219-A321-4151B2DABDA3.thumb.jpeg.64249149dab52fb711ba8e280d6c0269.jpeg

I miss my Moms stuffed peppers. They were really good. I'll make them one day and try to match her recipe. Look great enjoy!