What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

My mom has had a house on an island in Croatia for 25 years. The first time I had octopus was there. Mom retired this year as a teacher so she is living in Croatia 6 months out of the year. Today she sent me this, caught and cooked within 30 minutes she said. 

Lots of vino with every meal lol even when I was a teen.

Screenshot_20220807-180135_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

My mom has had a house on an island in Croatia for 25 years. The first time I had octopus was there. Mom retired this year as a teacher so she is living in Croatia 6 months out of the year. Today she sent me this, caught and cooked within 30 minutes she said. 

Screenshot_20220807-180135_WhatsApp.jpg

Love Octopus what is the recipe?

Screenshot_20220807-180135_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.eec135c736132dd223b97e9a7106b54c.jpg

This is amazing!! Is she single?

Jk sorry but I had to.. your mom is living the dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Why don’t you WNY guys char or grill your corn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Because that absolutely ruins the taste of properly grown, harvested and cooked, fresh picked that day sweet corn. Anytime after ther day picked, you can grill it or fry it or whatever. But truly fresh sweet corn is boiled for a short time, served piping hot, slathered in butter, salted and eaten off the cob. And no pepper for the love of God!!!

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Because that absolutely ruins the taste of properly grown, harvested and cooked, fresh picked that day sweet corn. Anytime after ther day picked, you can grill it or fry it or whatever. But truly fresh sweet corn is boiled for a short time, served piping hot, slathered in butter, salted and eaten off the cob. And no pepper for the love of God!!!

So when I grill my corn… I leave in husk and soak in salt water. Then I grill still in the husk. Essentially steamed corn

• Like 1

No thanks. I don’t love salt or butter and definitely nothing piping hot. I drink iced coffee even in winter and rarely ever order soup since it’s too hot. Maybe I have soup once every few years. I also never buy corn that was picked that day, so I guess that’s why my corn is fine. The char mix of black and yellow corn is awesome.

In the end, corn isnt much nutrition wise. It’s like a snack with dinner. I think some people are overthinking it

No thanks. I don’t love salt or butter and definitely nothing piping hot. I drink iced coffee even in winter and rarely ever order soup since it’s too hot. Maybe I have soup once every few years. I also never buy corn that was picked that day, so I guess that’s why my corn is fine. The char mix of black and yellow corn is awesome.

In the end, corn isnt much nutrition wise. It’s like a snack with dinner. I think some people are overthinking it

Please don't tell me you cook your doe tenderloins well done.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

The day he shoots a doe he has offers from half the SENY crew to drag it out for him…… because he won’t

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The day he shoots a doe he has offers from half the SENY crew to drag it out for him…… because he won’t

I do venison, steak, lamb all medium rare. And no dipping sauces! Room temp with salt & pepper for 30-40 min then on the grill Hot & quick.

I have no problem shooting a doe for someone else’s enjoyment. I shot a bunch as a kid.

Went to New Haven for some pizza on Saturday. Went to Frank Pepe's, Sally's, Zenelli's, and Abate's. Wanted to go to Modern but didn't have time. Pics are: the original coal oven at Pepe's; mozz pie at Sally's; potato and rosemary, tomato pie and mozz slices at Sally's; sausage and pepper and grandma pies at Abate's. We also had the mozz, tomato and clam pie at Pepe's and the marinara and margherita at Zenelli's but didn't get pics there. For the Pepe vs Sally's debate, I definitely preferred Sally's but both were awesome. I thought the best tasting pie of the day though was the sausage and pepper from Abate's.

20220806_114534.jpg

20220806_130329.jpg

20220806_130609.jpg

20220806_140039.jpg

20220806_140051.jpg

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Went to New Haven for some pizza on Saturday. Went to Frank Pepe's, Sally's, Zenelli's, and Abate's. Wanted to go to Modern but didn't have time. Pics are: the original coal oven at Pepe's; mozz pie at Sally's; potato and rosemary, tomato pie and mozz slices at Sally's; sausage and pepper and grandma pies at Abate's. We also had the mozz, tomato and clam pie at Pepe's and the marinara and margherita at Zenelli's but didn't get pics there. For the Pepe vs Sally's debate, I definitely preferred Sally's but both were awesome. I thought the best tasting pie of the day though was the sausage and pepper from Abate's.

20220806_114534.jpg

20220806_130329.jpg

20220806_130609.jpg

20220806_140039.jpg

20220806_140051.jpg

nice. the Pizza capital of America. It's about 1 hour drive for me, but haven't gone yet.

• Like 1

20220806_114534.thumb.jpg.9751e72be0e5ad0324c2fc34ec400873.jpg
20220806_130329.thumb.jpg.59718a01507a08fbd9683b71ceff5700.jpg
20220806_130609.thumb.jpg.a429c3342157fff31f64b2e5eec71a3a.jpg
20220806_140039.thumb.jpg.aedc31d90a1316376a10ea826d002f4c.jpg
20220806_140051.thumb.jpg.209cd7bf06aa569c87001e91f2e3c470.jpg

Quite the pizza adventure! Time to head to Brooklyn and hit Spumoni Garden for "squares" and Sal's on Court Street for the most traditional slice IMHO
Pepe's white clam is solid!

• Like 1

20220806_114534.thumb.jpg.9751e72be0e5ad0324c2fc34ec400873.jpg
20220806_130329.thumb.jpg.59718a01507a08fbd9683b71ceff5700.jpg
20220806_130609.thumb.jpg.a429c3342157fff31f64b2e5eec71a3a.jpg
20220806_140039.thumb.jpg.aedc31d90a1316376a10ea826d002f4c.jpg
20220806_140051.thumb.jpg.209cd7bf06aa569c87001e91f2e3c470.jpg

Quite the pizza adventure! Time to head to Brooklyn and hit Spumoni Garden for "squares" and Sal's on Court Street for the most traditional slice IMHO

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

We actually took an organized tour otherwise there was no way we could have done four places in one day considering the wait time at each place. For $75 we got to try 2-3 different pies at each place and included beer and wine. The white clam wasn't for me but I don't like seafood. Brooklyn and Northern Jersey are being kicked around for a future trip.

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Coming from a guy who eats corn off the cob with a spoon and no butter.
Your credibility actually takes CT pizza down a peg!

I like my pizza paper thin. Sicilian or Chicago thick nonsense is gross. So usually street pizza type places I like best. Topping-wise I'm simply. Pepperoni or Breaded Chicken. 

2 hours ago, MPHunter said:

20220806_114534.jpg

20220806_130329.jpg

20220806_130609.jpg

20220806_140039.jpg

20220806_140051.jpg

I can  fold that !

• Like 1

I like my pizza paper thin. Sicilian or Chicago thick nonsense is gross. So usually street pizza type places I like best. Topping-wise I'm simply. Pepperoni or Breaded Chicken. 

Hahha breaded chicken is not a "simple" pizza topping. It's a metro-sexual topping!
Pepperoni, meatball, sausage, peppers and onions (which I don't like) are the core 4 (and anchovies I guess) - everything else is sissy new age!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahha breaded chicken is not a "simple" pizza topping. It's a metro-sexual topping!
Pepperoni, meatball, sausage, peppers and onions (which I don't like) are the core 4 (and anchovies I guess) - everything else is sissy new age!!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When I kid only ate white pizza! Because I hated tomatoes and sauce. Now I eat raw tomatoes daily